Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTEK99

Lordy, it's here: Holger's Glacier Bay v2!

Hi guys,thanks all for the kind words - much appreciated!I'd like to emphasize though that Glacier Bay isn't "Holger's gift", it's a gift from nine FS developers working as a team. In fact, more than 70 people were involved in making and testing this project. So, I'm thanking my producer, my Great Grandfather, the board of.... :-outta Cheers, HolgerP.S.: Oops, I can't even get into the AVSIM file library anymore, hope we didn't do any damage!

Holger, perhaps you can help me here.I installed the scenery, and everything seems fine....except....I seem to have lost my runway textures at Gustavus and Hoonah (at least those), but everything is fine at Juneau and Haines (as example).I do have the BC Enhancements, and made sure I removed the files as directed in the 'read me'.I checked my layer order and everything is fine.As far as I know, I have no add-ons for these airports, such as the Betts sceneries mentioned...I keep things pretty tidy by State folders for my scenery, and I only have a couple unassociated sceneries for Alaska.Thanks in adavanceHere are a couple shots at Gustavus:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/168208.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/168209.jpgNot sure what is out of wack here...

Hi there,that looks, um, unusual. Given that the runway textures in PAGS are the same as PAJN (Juneau) I'd say this has got to be something other than missing textures.Try a scan with scanAFD as described in the last Q&A in this thread - http://forums.fsaddon.eu/viewtopic.php?t=61 - and see whether you may have a duplicate AFCAD file somewhere.Unrelated to your issue but what I just realized from your screenshot is that I must have assigned the wrong apron texture to the current season, it shouldn't be that snowy, more like those in PAJN and PAOH. Excuse me while I fire a couple of Beta testers ;-)Cheers, Holger

>Hi there,>>that looks, um, unusual. Given that the runway textures in>PAGS are the same as PAJN (Juneau) I'd say this has got to be>something other than missing textures.>>Try a scan with scanAFD as described in the last Q&A in this>thread - http://forums.fsaddon.eu/viewtopic.php?t=61 - and see>whether you may have a duplicate AFCAD file somewhere.>>Unrelated to your issue but what I just realized from your>screenshot is that I must have assigned the wrong apron>texture to the current season, it shouldn't be that snowy,>more like those in PAJN and PAOH. Excuse me while I fire a>couple of Beta testers ;-)>>Cheers, HolgerYep, I'm a bit stumped here. I found some odd occurrences at a couple of the other airports/airfields as well.I checked the AFCAD's, and have no duplicates.As I have both FSG mesh (both the 70, the 38 for this area only, and the Yukon as well), and UT Canada/Alaska, I figured there may be a problem there.So....I uninstalled all the FSG Mesh, and the UT Canada/Alaska program. Reinstalled all the FSG mesh first, then reinstalled the UT Canada/Alaska program. Made sure everything was intact/taken care of by separating, and creating an additional scenery folder for the 4 or 5 FSG mesh files, rechecked all my priorities....but alas, the problem remains. As mentioned, I have some odd situations at a couple of the remote airstrips in terms of mesh...at least it seems to be a mesh issue. I'm also having elevation issues at Skagway, albeit the majority of the RWY's show up, but they look a bit 'odd'.Here's what else I have installed:The BC EnhancementsBC LOD9 terrain mesh (I believe for a Belk scenery)BC-AB CDED1 mesh (again, I believe for a Belk scenery)I believe that is it.I'll post a pic of Skagway when I exit FS.Here ya gohttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/168215.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/168216.jpgDunno, perhaps there is something really screwy in my scenery set-up...but again, most all work just fine, including the Victora area scenery. And as I say, Juneau and Haines are just fine.

Hi there,what is your TMVL setting at? It should be 20 for this area. However, I don't think it'll bring back the runways at PAGS though a setting of either 19 or 21 might be the cause for smaller elevation issues at PAGY etc.Cheers, Holger

>Hi there,>>what is your TMVL setting at? It should be 20 for this area.>However, I don't think it'll bring back the runways at PAGS>though a setting of either 19 or 21 might be the cause for>smaller elevation issues at PAGY etc.>>Cheers, HolgerI checked, it is at 20.

I resolved it Holger.It seems the priority of my default terrain folder was set way to 'high'.A while back I ran a third party program to reset all my scenery priorities via the scenery.cfg....it gave me all kinds of problems, and I spent a bunch of time getting things resorted. One of the things it seemed to do was 'raise' the 'default terrain' priority to the point of overtaking some scenery files....for whatever reason, this scenery package really exposed the problem more than any I have wittnessed thus far.Sorry if I gave you a scare ;)

Will this brilliant scenery contribution by Holger and team never cease?Because of these distractions I have not achieved any of my winter projects and the boss is getting impatient. I even called her in to observe me landing on the helo sled at the airport with my Robinson but then was back-handed with " you tried that with your display of flying at Bella Coola last nite".Do have one serious complaint...... I thought I heard a"mayday" coming from the cruise ship leaving Juneau and quickly responded but upon trying to land the helo adjacent to the ship's aft swimming pool I found it not to be hardened and ended up in the bilge. I wonder if this could be corrected, Holger?Gary :-violin

Hello,that's great to hear! Thanks for keeping me posted. I didn't even know that the default terrain entry could be moved up from the bottom of the scenery library. Live and learn...Cheers, Holger

Hi Gary,bilge avoidance would be (maybe) part of the FSX version of Glacier Bay v2; FS9 doesn't allow for hardened platforms on moving objects but FSX does.That's pretty impressive to do a clean landing on one of those chopper trailers; I managed once, almost, but then I started celebrating too early and all #### broke loose. I can write you a letter of commendation if that helps with the boss.Sorry about your winter projects; want to talk about mine? x( Cheers, Holger

Holger, in the first flight in 'Select a Flight' I find following the river south as instructed I have white grid lines lined in the water and the Ice glaciers? Any suggestion please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thanks Holger and thank you once again for the scenery, it's awesome. :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Your listing 3 monitors... are you using 3 differant monitors for ONE streached or THREE DIFFERANT views of Flight Sim? Jerrycwo4