Sign in to follow this  
Alpinekid

FS2004 9.1 Update Patch!!!

Mmmmm .. I went to retrieve the 9.1 Update patch from the Microsoft website ... and I see that it is not there anymore!!! Any ideas on what is going on ...and where I can now get this very valuable update for my FS2004 installation?CheersPaul

Microsoft.... :-roll Just like Vista and WindowsXP, they all but pull total support for the older stuff to force people to buy the new bug ridden junk. I could see doing this once the newer stuff is more refined but to pull something like this after a new release is all but extortion.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the link .. I found it under the Misc section ... Interesting to see a Microsoft link for the update and it takes you nowhere!!! I think it is dreadful that Microsoft have 'pulled' this from their website .... there must be hundreds of thousands of people possibly out there that might still require this patch!Cheers anywayPaul

I went to get a portion of the FS2004 SDK yesterday and also ran into this issue....not there anymore. Clicking on the icon for FS9 also dumps you into the FSX site. I can see dumping the FS2002 at this point, but what MS is doing to FS9 support is a bit over the top IMHO. Mike

Mmmm I wonder if the sales of FSX are not too good and their idea of dropping support for FS2004 is a way to make people 'upgrade' to FSX!!!!!After all FS2004 is a VERY hard act to follow!!!

Guest crotiusf16

That is exactly what they want. Simmers we must all send them mail stating and pointing out to Mr Gates that his new product isn't worth purchasing. He should have just made a upgrade to FS9, enhancing the graphics and missions would have been a better seller than FSX.

I had to get an SDK yesterday, got it through Google's cache. But now the cache is gone too. Nice job, MS...

Mike...

Hi All,For months now the whole Microsoft web site has been undergoing changes and things are being move around. Yes, there may be times when beloved files are not there, but don't you worry, they will be back. In another thread some SDKs were gone and have re-appeared.As for some of the over-reactions and bashing AGAIN, it does get old after awhile doesn't it? Nobody was harmed, hurt, killed, and no fortunes were lost. :-roll:-rollJimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

Nope, never gets old. I think from a company such as Microsoft you should be able to expect that content (which we partially payed for IMHO) is there all the time. That their website is undergoing changes, fine, but on the user side, the switchover from old to new shouldn't have to last days... And if their own search gives me a result which no longer works, then I do believe I'm entitled to one sarcastic jab at MS.There are more important things in life, but that doesn't mean you have to tolerate everything else. I'm sure you don't either. ;-)Who's the more foolish...the fool or the fool who follows him?

Mike...

Well said Mike, my opinions too. Where Jim refers to bashing, he is up among the leaders.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Jim, If what you say is true, then why wouldn't MS put up a simple banner on the site stating; "As our website is being upgraded you may find some files, etc. have become temporarily unavailable. We hope to restore full functionality soon." People would read the announcement and no more complaints would be registered. The fact that they didn't do such a courtesy with the FS9 files seems to point in a different direction. Mike (the other one ;-) )

Guest LeeWang

"""For months now the whole Microsoft web site has been undergoing changes and things are being move around. Yes, there may be times when beloved files are not there"""I wish I could run my business like that.. I wonder how many small software companies would do, run that way?? :-rollMaybe one day, I too can run my business that way. I'd call it freedom 55 :-lolLee