Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

Lordy, it's here: Ed Truthan's Stikine Icefield Research Program for Tongass Fjord

Not only Holgers & Team's great Glacier Bayv2 but also S.I.R.P!!!Like we always say but now we mean it....Run, Don't Walk...It's very very immersive, innovative piece of sceneries. As Ed himself puts it:"SIRP you

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest Mesa

It is very impressive but I do wish you could start a flight from one of the stations instead of having to go out and hunt for them. I know I can save a flight from them but I'm a little disappointed that they aren't listed.

I was checking the screenshots of this scenery only yesterday, over at the simFlight forums...wondering when it was going to be released! Low and behold this morning, here it is!Glacier Bay and this fine scenery package, both in one weekend! - heaven!Regards,Al.

Guest dpc

SIRP is very cool indeed. I love the blowing snow effect. I am having one problem with it though. It seems as though the EZ textures cause a major load on my system. I added the SIRP Depot to PAPG and now as soon as the depot scenery comes into view the rest of the area goes into a major "blurries" situation. This has never happened to me before with any scenery addon so I can only assume its the EZ textures. Anyone else experience this with that particular set of textures?Thanks

Guest Mesa

I did experience major blurries when flying into or taking off from PAPG - so much so that I've taken that bit of the scenery off.

Guest dpc

Think I may have to do the same. I can't get the depot to sit on top of my mesh either. Thanks

Some folks have reported the PAPG mesh problem and blurries too over at the Simflight Tongass Forum. I'm looking into it and will post a fix if I can track down a culprit. In the meantime you can disable the SIRP Depot scenery as it seems to alleviate the problem for now. There's a couple of other very minor anomalies with a few textures at TFG2 and TFG3 that I'm looking into. Again I'll post a fix soon after some testing. Thanks for the heads up!

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

Guest dpc

and thank you for a great addon and the support!

I really like the look of this scenery, but am reluctant to start installing addon scenery libraries etc.Am i loosing the bulk, or just a few 'bits & pieces' by not installing the EZ-Scenery library?Thanks

Download this file: http://www.mistymoorings.com/tongass/sirp/sirp_ez_bulk.zip (80MB)and install it just like any other scenery. Call it EZ_Objects Libraries or something like that. It contains all EZ scenery libraries. And you're set.Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest neslesman

Thanks Rob et al, this thread has clarified a few things for me as well.

Thanks RobFor some reason i thought it was more complicated than that.

Can confirm that I too have had the 'blurries' and mesh issues at PAPG. So like everyone else, I simply disabled the SIRP Depot in scenery library.Many thanks for this superb scenery, and so nice to see that your aware of these possible bugs, and are 'fixing' when time allows.Regards,Al.