Sign in to follow this  
Guest phil

Project AI site awkward to use.

OK I may be a bit slow here so bear with me. I find the Project AI site to be hard to use. I may just be missing the whole point of it though. When I go to the file section all that is listed is about 25 airlines available. After all the work that is done can it be that only 25 airlines are available? Seems to be. I think the site needs a better way to list their available files if more are there.http://www3.telus.net/midget_ice/Radar_small.gifThis ain't no game kid!http://www3.telus.net/midget_ice/Radar_small.gifhttp://www3.telus.net/midget_ice/dansig.jpg

I think PAI never had more than 25 airline packages anyway. Newest addition is the Aer Lingus Package. Those setups are the official downloads of PAI - found under "Certified Ressources". If you click "PAI Libraries" you'll find the unoffical part, eg lots of FSP's repaints & other texture files. :-hahRegarding the speed, the server seems to be slow (at least at the moment). :-badteeth

Here's the directory I use a ton on PAI's site, very easy to use I think. I'll usually get skeds at the "Most Realistic AI Flightplan" site and then, I'll come here and go to http://projectai.flight1.net/files/PAI%20Aircraft%20Library/ and find just about anything I need! These are texture only and you have to add them manually so you need the paintkits which are on the site and east to find..:Fiveholer:.Intel P4 2.4GHz - Asus P4PE Mobo - Crucial 512MB PC2700 DDR - 64MB Leadtek Winfast Geforce 3 TI200/Det. 30.82

I agree.The whole PAI project is very nice, but their site could indeed be better regarding intuitive navigation.It's very confusing, especially for new comers.Maybe they're working on it.G.

I rather hope that they continue to release packages throughout March. :-badteeth But OK, took another look at their site, and it might be difficult to navigate for Newbies.

Agree, I love the whole PAI system: realistic, easy to install and a joy to watch.It's just that PAI will live or die by the acceptance (and use and help) of a large number of simmers.The more people involved, the more packages we will see.Improving accessibility of their site might help here.Gideon

I just wish they would lay it out in a step by step format. Have only one page and place the links in a 1,2,3 etc style. First you need to do this. Once completed do this. Having the end result of what you should have. I don't know it this installs the a/c or just the flight plans or both or what. Official and unofficial and all the other things on different pages. You go to the FAS part and its under construction. I don't even see American Airlines on there. I really would like to know what to expect from this and what do I need to do because I know that when I manually add a plane and its flight plans I need to install the a/c in the aircraft folder then add the name to the a/c file of Ttools then add the Flight Plans to the Flight Plans list of Ttools then go and change the ac number so it matches the number I assigned it in the aircraft file. Compile and Im done. But with Project AI I have know idea what planes the flight plans use and where to get the planes that the plans use.Kilstorm

Guest phil

Not just you Dan. I went there for the first time the other day. The default page is a just a splash page with a bit of advertising. No real problem there.Unfortunately, the FAQ page gives a "None available at this time ... Coming soon" message. Hmmm, OK, let's try and download some stuff, maybe help files there.Let's see "Certified resources" ... maybe, "PAI Libraries" ...possible .... General File Download - that sounds like a good place to start. General File Download -> List of archived content. :-hmmm Maybe I pressed the wrong button. No, no archive listing in the navigation frame.OK, lets try "Certified Resources". OK, anyone any idea what the heck that table is all about?Same with the table that comes up with the PAI Libraries page. Conclusion - not a site designed for newbies, only for those in the know. Pity. :-(phil

Guest P3_Super_Bee

PAI currently has 58 full airline packages avaiable....http://projectai.flight1.net/certified/ins...f430971b97a83caThe "Certified Resources" is the full Airline package officially released by PAI - this would be aircraft, paint, and schedulesI would think, not sure, but "PAI Libraries" looks to be partial packages by PAI. -this would be say only the schedules, or only the paint. and/or say the paint schedules of only a certian airlines B737 fleet."General Downloads" is basicly like the AVSIM library, (anyone under the sun can upload), just files are geared toward the AI side of MSFS.For "PAI Libraries" & "General Downloads" These files have to be installed manually.A help file:http://projectai.flight1.net/installer/default.php:-outtaJeff "Ace" FreyEwa Beach, Hawaii

I have to agree, I get lost at PAI. Thanx Jeff for the link. Next question: what about gate conflicts? Does PAI interfere with the default AI, do we have to add more gates at the various airports, or is that done automatically too? Thanx for any additional info. :-wave Ron from behind the Cheddar Curtain. :-wave

Guest P3_Super_Bee

You don't have to add more gates. But if you don't(via AFCAD/RAFCAD) you won't get the full effect of PAI. PAI is in fact working on adding AFCAD/RAFCAD files into their installers, though no current airlines have this feature. I myself have gotten rid of the default AI, as far as commerical aircraft.(You can download a little program at PAI-on the link above- that will remove the default AI flight plans). I still have default GA. PAI is awesome, I have all 58 airlines they offer plus an additional 20 or so more that I have added manually. I think last check I have in the neighborhood of 225,000 flight plans. Needless to say my skies are pleasingly full. :-outtaJeff "Ace" FreyEwa Beach, Hawaii

Hi Jeff. I agree the visuals are outstanding wit PAI. I do find the new layout a bit more confusing then what it was. I know what I'm looking for and I can find it; a new comer would have a bit of a problem. I am working on a package for LOT right now to coincide with the FP from Most Realistic. We need more European traffic! :)Don

I've been using the PAI site since it opened and I have only one thing to say regarding the new format...whoever came up with it should be severly beaten with a wet noodle. I get so frustrated trying to find what I want, especially the repaints for a specific livery. Maybe I should try the search function? I would if there were one! Now, in some of the forum areas, only the last two days of postings are available. The rest are archived and make it very difficult to find a specific post. The whole setup is a mess. I don't use the site nearly as much as I did; I don't need the frustration.

Guys, use this link, SO much easier to find most of the things you need, I hardly EVER use the main site unless I'm looking for something new in the Unofficial section. Cya!.:Fiveholer:.Intel P4 2.4GHz - Asus P4PE Mobo - Crucial 512MB PC2700 DDR - 64MB Leadtek Winfast Geforce 3 TI200/Det. 30.82