Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

Alphasim T-6

Bought this the other night and have had some fun with it. external model is great, though Im a little disappointed in the specular shine and use of alpha channels. Bare metal should shine more. I can fix that... :-)What I am interested in however is whether anybody will take a shot at fixing the flight model? The alphasim release is extremely tame for an airplane thats KNOWN to be a little hard to fly for a trainer. There was an AOPA magazine article in the past month that had a great article on this bird...especially stall situations that occurred with virtually no warning inducing snap rolls and the fact that a spin aint a good thing in a T-6. It is said that the P-51 is a good trainer for the T-6...not the other way around. This flight model doesnt hold water if thats the case. Im not lookin for perfection as this is just a sim, but there are quite a few T-6's out there still and a proper FDE would be great. A new panel wouldnt hurt here either! In any case, my personal bird is gonna get a set of RXP gauges to modernize her for the "airshow circuit"!Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

I don't have the Alphasim T-6 yet, but I've been tempted by the screenshots. I have a few hours in the real thing (Harvard Mk IV - same airplane), and it's true that spins in the T-6 are "attention-getting". I thought my head was going through the canopy when it entered the stall....John G.

John G.