Sign in to follow this  
Guest krswen

Don't you wish every business was like this?

Guest krswen

A while back I ordered a trim wheel kit from Steve at DesktopAviator.com. It arrived well packaged and included instructions for the wiring splice into part of the harness in the CH yoke.I thought I did it correctly, but when I would insert the plug into the jack, the calibration bar in FS would slowly climb up as if a capacitor was charging. When I would unplug it, the default lever calibrated and worked fine.Being a mechanical engineer rather than electrical, I wiggled things and thought I saw a brief response. I contacted Steve. He sent me a replacement jack (his expense). No joy, I was wrong in my assessment.Steve offered to check over my wiring if I shipped the yoke amd trim wheel back. I did, he did, and found a problem with my wiring. The parts are now on their way back and I am assured they work.I'm sure Steve doesn't make much profit on the trim wheel and he could have just blown me off. But instead, he stuck with me through numerous e-mails (photos and sketches back and forth) and now has a very satisfied customer.Don't you wish every business was conducted this way?

Nice story. Another example of the people within the flight sim community helping each other out with their problems.Tom

Guest LeeWang

It's usually the small guy/gal/business in the Flight Sim community that really cares about the individual.... Very nice experience, and thanks for sharing with us.... It just shows you that with big corporations, you're just a number, and not an individual..Lee

After reading your post, I went to Steve's website and then ordered his 1020 switchbox. I got an immediate acknowledgement from Steve and a promise to ship the next day. This seems to be a quality business and his reputation will likely gain him a lot of sales.Dale

Dale