Sign in to follow this  
teeps

Best Plane for Glacier Bay?

What would you say is the ideal aircraft for exploring the team's great gift to us all? Can be freeware or payware.Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Guest Mesa

RealAir's Bellanca Scout package. The Scout, Citabria and Scout Amphib are all perfect for the area.If you want a little more grunt for getting up and over the glaciers then maybe Carenado's Amphib 206 or FSD's Porter. Aerosoft's SuperCub is a favourite of mine for low and slow and landing on river banks. As for freeware, you (still) can't go wrong with Mikko Maliniemi's Maule M7.I only wish there was a good Aviat Husky out there somewhere!

Guest ArtieLange

Aerosoft's Beaver.Lionheart's Quest Kodiak.

Guest fastfreddy74

Digital Aviation Dornier Do-27

PMDG Boeing 747-400 :+

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Overlands A380. :-hahhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gifDell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo, flashed to a X850 XT PE. Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP2E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

Whelp, I'm a bit biased, but I have flown the Scout around these parts of Alaska in the past, and it actually works great. You just have to plan according to it's limitations. I would say it is a great recommendation.For freeware, you might try Bill Lyon's Tri-Pacer, it would work great as well....as would the freeware Maule, or the Carenado 206 Amphib package.

any carenado aircraft, my favorite is the 206 Cargo

I'm with Carenado's 206 or the Dreamfleet A36, both have float versions as well.

>What would you say is the ideal aircraft for exploring the>team's great gift to us all? Can be freeware or payware.It

Guest tango papa

You might want to check the Bush Flying Unlimited forum. There are about 100 A/C decked out in BFU paints, including the RealAir Scout, Maule, MK3 Turbo Beaver, Twin Otter, wheeled and floats, Aerosoft Beaver and Super Cub, plus many others. Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Guest neslesman

What, no C-130 on floats?I needn't list my favourites, they are mostly in the previous post.

Thanks to everyone who's chipped in. I think I probably won't go with the big iron for this particular area ;)I have the Do 27 already and it's great, but my eye has been caught by the scout package...