Sign in to follow this  
Guest tappy

FS9.1 patch ....what does it do.

Guest tappy

Hi simmers, Just been going through the latest post on this forum, and one post asked if the fs update (fs2004 9.1 patch had been dropped by MS) just out of curiosity I tried the link given by another poster and it was there....But when I checked my FS version as advised by the post, it was 9.0 (Shock horror....). I thought I had upgraded years ago, Ive been using FS2004 without the 9.1 patch since it came out, without knowing it! But I've haven't found anything wrong with it, I've been adding to it..for years, and i must say it's works realy great, with high FPS rates, no CTD, I've replaced all the things that Microsoft left out with third party products...please can someone give me good reason to apply the 9.1 patchSystem spec'sAMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core 4200+Widow XP Media AditionASUS ASN-SLI PCI Express M/B256mb nVidia 7500 GT 1gig 400DDR memoryRunning:ActiveSky GraphicsASv6Flight EnvironmentGround EnvironmentVFR TerrainUT Canada&AlaskaUT USAUltimate Trafficand endless Payware A/C

Guest tappy

Hi, > You can uninstall it >And it is a part of FS9. >The patch adds a lot of bridges. Yes,I know about the bridges and looking back at my archives I remember installing the bridges with a third party update somewhere.But what else is there, did it solve problems that I don't know about, and why should I patch something that works realy well for me...don't get me wrong I'm not knocking any one, I'm just curious...It sounds like those that are urging me to use the patch, which they say I should, (because it is highly recomended)...All sorts of nasty thigs will happen if I don't......Does anyone else run FS2004 without the 9.1 patch, please post here and say what you think.regards Peter. System spec'sAMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core 4200+Widow XP Media AditionASUS ASN-SLI PCI Express M/B256mb nVidia 7500 GT1gig 400DDR memoryRunning:ActiveSky GraphicsASv6Flight EnvironmentGround EnvironmentVFR TerrainUT Canada&AlaskaUT USAUltimate Trafficand endless Payware A/C

Guest tappy

Hi, I would like to thank Lennant for the discription of the Overview changes that the 9.1 patch makes, I'm sure some of the very few crashes to desk top that I have experienced over the last 3 years have been due to the fact that i've not had the patch installed, I've flown on many a Flight plan that has lasted 1 or 2 hours, touched down, saved flights and carried on were I left off. None has given me any trouble...The only thing now is, do I patch, or not to patch, after so long....I here so much on this forum about Blurries, CTD, memory leaks, the list goes on. I have not had any so far. Since I have upgraded my system 2 years ago my FS2004 fantasy gets better and better, I don't want to spoil it....Thanks again for your enlightenment on this topic, I don't know if it has helped me any......Best regards, Peter.

Hi Folks,I was running FS with no upgrade 9.1 patch for so many years and it was doing fine - The only problem i had was with Aerosoft Frankfurt Scenery. It was stuttering so badly - SO the aerosoft people told me to install the patch - thats what i did today and what happened. I load fS - go to any airport and after 30 sec or a minute the screen becomes black and the simultor is NOT running. I am so depressed cause i dont even know how to UNINSTALL that stupid patch.PLease adviseMarek from LOWW

My policy here (as with many things in life)- "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"! My FS9 system is so reliable and so smooth, I would be terrified to tinker with this patch! Who cares about a few bridges? Alex Reid

Guest wji

Hi, Big Al . . . good to hear you're alive and well."..please can someone give me good reason to apply the 9.1 patch"Answer: because for FS9 addon sceneries, the 9.1 patch adds the capability to handle the additional texture files preventing FS9's crash2desktop.

Viennaman, there should be a "FS9UpdateUninstall.exe" located in your FS9 root directory.Jim

Many users wanted to use enhanced terrain mesh and to do that you need to be able to set TMVL in fs9.cfg to 20 or I guess 21 which will only take effect in 9.1.scott s..

I have the 9.1 patch installed and it works fine. I also burned a copy of it to a CD since Microsoft doesn't like to support older software and I refuse to buy FSX for a while.The patch allowed me to install the beautiful freeware Columbia Gorge Oregon scenery which uses 38 mesh, it looks spectacular! The author even included many little waterfalls. 38 mesh requires a TMVL setting of 20 to work.Kim