Sign in to follow this  
PeterR

Exterior view

Do you know if it is possible to close the exterior view in FS2002?Thanks !!

Perhaps I'm missing out the point, but what exactly do you mean by "close" ??

I mean: display the panel on the whole screen, and stop spending CPU time for exterior view rendering. This is for IFR flying using low end machines.I already had replies on another post, and it seems that closing the exterior view is impossible. If you have any info, please let me know...

Guest JDH

As far as I know you can't. After all this is the main part of the simulation!! I can only suggest things like resizing the panel until it fills the screen and/or setting visibility to zero. But I doubt it'll reduce the work your PC needs to do by any appreciable amount.

Guest Tim13

How about putting all of your sliders to the left (lowest settings) so that the sim is rendering a bare bones FS world? Using a lower resolution and 16 bit color should help too.Tim13

I think Tim has a great idea. By setting all the sliders for the rendering options to the left, you should get real good performance. I believe you can also gain a few fps by reducing the size of the main window. Should be interesting. --T

An easy way to get close to not having an outside view is to switch to windowed mode (instead of full-screen) undock the panel, resize the main window as small as it'll go, then resize the undocked panel to fill the screen.As already mentioned, turning down all the visual complexity sliders will reduce the load on the PC as will the small main window.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table