Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Glaicer Bay/ Freight Dog Library positions

I just installed the Glaicer Bay v2 scenery and have to say it is the most outstanding scenery I think I have ever installed!!!!! Unbelivable! I almost did not even download and try to install it when I learned that it had a 40 PLUS page manuel on the scenery installation, Wow ! But I did the work and now I'm really glad. Dont' miss this one. With it and my "Freight Dogs", I can fly in the wilds forever. Every thing on the installation reaLLY went SMOOTH. I even had to download and install that Special program from Microsoft, net. or something like that. I tried about 12 of the Glaicer flights and they were really great. What scenery. With sounds from LAGO Scenery Enhanser program, or the sound program I already had, it will be the icing on the cake.I'm only questioning one item. The install manuel gives a sample of a lot of sceneries ( in the Scenery Libary) and their correct postions, but I have Freight Dogs and two of the programs I'm unsure of. His sample shows, "Freight Dog Airports" ABOVE the two Glacier Bay's entries but I also have two Freight Dog entries named, Freight Dog Landscape Misty (my #14) and Tongass (my #15) see attached photo. I left these two BELOW the two Glacier Bay entries. Can anyone tell me , is the positions that I have them now ( in attached photo) correct? If not, how should they be? Thanks for the help. Jerrycwo4EDIT: Photo removed as it violates our size limitations. Please repost following our rules on image size.

Hello,glad to hear you're enjoying Glacier Bay and didn't get intimitated by the manual ;-)Sorry, we should have mentioned the two Freight Dogs landscape entries. The example screenshot in the manual is based on Tongass Fjords and Misty Fjords being installed in which case the two Freight Dogs landscape entries can be deleted or deactivated.In your case you need to keep those two entries active but they can be placed above or below the Glacier Bay entries; it won't make a difference in scenery display.Cheers, Holger

Thanks for the info on the Freight Dog's other two scenery entries.How can one know what entry show be placed over another? Is there a manual somewhere that explains that subject

Hi Jerry,you should have a Start menu entry for Aerosoft > Freight Dogs > Freight Dogs manual.Not sure what the manual says about the scenery library entries but as far as I know the order of the two landscape entries doesn't matter; just keep the FD airports entry at the highest priority of the three.Cheers, Holger

Thanks for the info, I think all is working OK. I should have learned all that "layer" stuff 10 years ago. Jerrycwo4

Guest neslesman

Just to be absolutely clear I did read that I can disable or remove Freight Dogs airports and landscapes didn't I? I was unsure about that and yes I have Tongass and Misty.At risk of belabouring the point I too want to thank Holger and team, once again, for not just Glacier Bay but all of the FSAdd on and related stuff. As a 40 year resident of Vancouver that grew up within spitting distance of Skagway, Carcross, Atlin and Glacier Bay you can well imagine how fantastic these sceneries are for me. The fond memories of boating, camping and just being a kid in that North West region are greatly enhanced by FS9 and these sceneries.So once more, a slightly tearful thank you!

Hi Nes,thank you for the kind words.With Misty and Tongass installed you need to deactivate or remove the two Freight Dogs landscape entries but you should keep the FD airports entry (above Misty and Tongass) because that'll give you the additional airfields in Wrangell and Stewart and a bunch of fictitious locations as well, like Shorty's Farm.Cheers, Holger

Guest neslesman

Thanks for the reply Holger, that clears up my confusion.