Sign in to follow this  
flysupersonic

Setting time?

hey guys, i was wondering if it is possible to change the default starting location for the sim and also my time is off for seattle it is set of eastern time zone, is there some way to change it to western time zone? thanks ahead of time thanksair powerrrr

The "start time" is created by a two things.The default flight has a code in the file for where the aircraft is located and 'when':WHERE(Plane) - In brackets in the fileAircraft=Cessna Skyhawk 172SPLatitude=N047

How does it work that the default flight time & date is based on the current time & date, yet other saved flights retain the time & date that they were originally created? Just wondering, as I'd like to be able to start some saved flights using the current time & date, instead of having to manually change it. I'm assuming that in the example above, the time & date for the default flight is actually the last time it was flown. Is FS coded so that the default flight always starts with the current time & date, and we can't change this if we want it to apply to other saved flights?Mike A.

The default flight is coded with the last date/time saved.The default flight does load differently from all other saved flights in that the current time and date is applied to that flight, while others retain their time and date settings.

Guest kurtj

I have noticed that it did load the scenery indexes, however the timezones are still standard time. So my question is does it actually change the 2nd weenkend of April than the second week of March?

Time zones are code in timezone.bgl scenery file in FS. The base files have to be modified by new scenery files in a higher layer - the way Dennis Thompson does - to modify the default settings.This is from the FSX BGLComp SDK You will notice that the DST shift day is in the code - i.e. the Sunday of the week with day 100 and day 300.New code with a new start and end day will be necessary to make a change.I have no idea if the FS2004 files are coded the same since there is no information on time zones in the FS2004 BGLComp SDK.