Sign in to follow this  
nillefix

Question for Track IR users

I recently bought TrackIR 4 and I love the thing, only problem I can't use it with my favorite 744(performance), so I use it when I fly the 763.Now to the question:Do you use TrackIR with all your planes(like, can't fly without it!) or just selected ones?

All of them. 744 down to Cessna. Can't fly without it. That's all I can say really. It's the best FS addon ever made. Wish I invented it.:-wave

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I fly it with all my aircraft....in fact, don't fly without it.Puzzling that you are seeing a performance drop with it, it has no such effect on any of my aircraft.

I've bought trackIR 4 recently. Since then I've been flying only VC. I'm still in the process of getting used to it. Of course the fun is bottomless and incomparable to anything else. But, at least for now, operating all the panels is still quite difficult to me. And... I miss wing views I would use in a 2D panel.As for GA, I will definitely stick to VC forever. As for heavies, however, I don't know yet. It is a big fun, but with all the cockpit activities, FMC programming, overhead clicking, checklists, taking notes and following online controllers' commands, it seems to me, at least for now, still too difficult. Especially that I have some extra hardware stuff (yoke, pedals, throttle, autopilot, radios).Time will show.Best regards,Rafal

Congratulations! Yep. Don't fly without it - and all VC, FS9 and 10, with different settings for each. The only 2D aircraft I still fly 2D is the DreamFleet 727 - and that's really only for startup. Once the FS Pax and f/plan are loaded I pushback in 3D, stop, go to 2D, start the engines, go back to 3D, taxy and do most of the rest of the flight in 3d. There's the ocassional 2D portion, but it's minimal. The greatest aircraft for (my) TrackIR/full 3D combo are the Dornier 27 and the Safir. That Dornier is the epitome at this moment. This is not to say there are not a goodly number of super aircraft that I fly that are almost there, but that one seems (to me) to be very unique. It's almost a broken record with me, I know - but check out Jeff Greth's video on the Flight Scenery / Portland site.:-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I use it exclusively when flying GA. For heavies, I find I tend to taxi with TrackIR in VC, takeoff with 2D cockpit, then switch back to VC for climb/cruise/descent. Approach and landing back to 2D. I am fairly new to using it, so it just may be a matter of getting used to it, but it is tough for me to use during the busy stages of the flight in airliners, and have to look all over the VC. Once in cruise and only needing to make small adjustments it is wonderful for looking around and enjoying the scenery.Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

All of them. The ones without VC views have been evicted from my hanger.And for those who still don't use it, you REALLY, I MEAN REALLY don't know what your missing!And it's a whole lot cheaper than buying 'go-flight' stuff or converting your garage ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

haha Listen to all us "VC snobs" :7 :7 Important point: It DID take me about a month to get used to using it, especially with doing approaches. Don't throw the towel in too early. There comes a point where everything suddenly feels right and you learn keep your head still.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU