Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Glacier Bay V2----The Ultimate Scenery....

Holger and design team members,...each and EVERY one of you;In all my years of flight simulation...I have NEVER, NEVER been so entertained, and in a constant state of jaw-gaping AWE, as I explore your Glacier Bay V2 scenery/world.I can't tell you how much I wish I had a virtual body to go along with the plane or helicopter...so I could get out on some remote river bank, set up my camp, put a pot of coffee onto the campfire, and settle in for a glorious sunset and then, star-filled night in Alaska. Alaska as you portray it in Glacier Bay v2.I flew for miles upon miles your 'spot the trains' and follow the rail-line helicopter flight.My fascination knew no bounds. Nothing...of this fantastic scenery is 'canned'. Each bend brings a new land/river/lake/scape with mountains rising and falling, majestic above the rivers, valleys, and lakes.You have shown me what my ATI 800XT graphics card can REALLY do! You have shown this simmer just what kind of rendering power is in the FS9 graphics engine.Your mountain ranges...and the textures!!!!!! Real, so real!!!!!I don't think I have ever seen the light display upon the scenery and mountain tops as your resolution displays it. Until now? Nothing to date.Holger and ALL team members....THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.Since 1984, I now really feel that you have made it, in team-work with FS9---'AS REAL AS IT GETS'!I now want to keep flying in the 'heli' around each bend not knowing what that bend-in-the-river will display. Always new...always fresh to delight the eyes and senses.Total awe....Thank you!I think I have freakin' died and gone straight to flight simulation heaven.Mitch R.

"I think I have freakin' died and gone straight to flight simulation heaven."Since that appears to be Seatlle, that means you will be at the AVSIM Convention in November, right? :)

Hello Mitch,that's awefully nice of you to say. Thank you, from the GBv2 team, for that ringing endorsement....and I have an X800 myself; must be the card then ;-)Cheers, HolgerP.S.: Well, Tom, I guess Seattle is as close as it's going to get to me, unless you'd considering relocating to Spokane or Sandpoint, ID. Looks like I'll have to keep a slot open in my calendar for November.

Tom, you have a great sense of humor :)I think that would be a blast!If I don't show up right on time....send troops into GB2, and have them follow their noses to the Maple Syrup Back Bacon frying in the cast-iron skillet over that fire.... Coffee will be waiting for them as well.....If they have colds, have them look for my Cessna float plane just off the river bank............"I think I just saw a Brown Bear! Uh oh......"Cheers!Mitch'er

Endorsement, so richly deserved by you and your GBv2 Design Team.You and your team have now raised the scenery 'bar' much more than you probably have given some thought to. This effort by all of you, is a work of art.Cheers!!!!Mitch

>Holger and design team members,...each and EVERY one of you;>>In all my years of flight simulation...I have NEVER, NEVER>been so entertained, and in a constant state of jaw-gaping>AWE, as I explore your Glacier Bay V2 scenery/world.>>I can't tell you how much I wish I had a virtual body to go>along with the plane or helicopter...so I could get out on>some remote river bank, set up my camp, put a pot of coffee>onto the campfire, and settle in for a glorious sunset and>then, star-filled night in Alaska. Alaska as you portray it in>Glacier Bay v2.>>I flew for miles upon miles your 'spot the trains' and follow>the rail-line helicopter flight.>>My fascination knew no bounds. Nothing...of this fantastic>scenery is 'canned'. Each bend brings a new>land/river/lake/scape with mountains rising and falling,>majestic above the rivers, valleys, and lakes.>>You have shown me what my ATI 800XT graphics card can REALLY>do! You have shown this simmer just what kind of rendering>power is in the FS9 graphics engine.>>Your mountain ranges...and the textures!!!!!! Real, so>real!!!!!>>I don't think I have ever seen the light display upon the>scenery and mountain tops as your resolution displays it.>Until now? Nothing to date.>>Holger and ALL team members....THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK>YOU.>>Since 1984, I now really feel that you have made it, in>team-work with FS9---'AS REAL AS IT GETS'!>>I now want to keep flying in the 'heli' around each bend not>knowing what that bend-in-the-river will display. Always>new...always fresh to delight the eyes and senses.>>Total awe....>>>Thank you!>>I think I have freakin' died and gone straight to flight>simulation heaven.>>>Mitch R.And with real looking people and birds flying in the sky too.........................Who needs FS10, I don't, with superb excellence which is this scenery, FSX dosen't even compare!Holger, you and team are 'top's'!

Dave Taylor gb.png

Well said, Mitch! Thank you for expressing my exact thoughts as well as you have. Please add my thanks to Holger and his team for their magnificent work with Glacier Bay. I've learned through many fun hours of flight simming, that if Holger's name is associated with a project it will be fantastic. That's a given...I must say, I really like FSX and thought I'd soon remove FS9 from my HD. No way can I even consider that as Holger has shown me that FS9 can be even more fun to fly when you add his amazing work to it. My computer runs Glacier Bay in FS9 with wonderful smoothness with everything maxed out. I can't imagine anything near that with my computer and FSX. Thanks again Holger - I'm running off back to FS9 GB and my brand of reality.Cheers,

Hi Howard,My brand of 'reality' as well.One day, there will be the 'game system' of the future where you place a device upon your brow and it will send direct spatial transmission to your brain, and you will INDEED be able to fly a plane (with all senses being stimulated as by the real world), land, and GET OUT of that plane to touch the ground with your hand, stand up...make camp, start the fire, smell the hickory burning, and then sit back to gaze up at the stars just starting to fill the GB2 sky over the evergreen tree-tops. Stars as bright as diamonds.One day..there will be such a system....I hope that I am around to make use of it.Holger and design team, in having so much fun, real FUN with this scenery and FS9...it has made me refreshed and feeling young again. What a catalyst. What fun!Mitch

Guest cloudflyer

Incredible scenery. Can't thank everyone responsible enough!Michael

Holger!I would like to thank you and all your team for sharing this incredible masterpiece with us. To be frank I still don't believe it can bee freeware and and wait for a pop-up window saying "The demo has ended. Add to your basket"Frankly speaking I would.Best regards,Rafal

How on earth did I miss it!! I've been waiting patiently for this undoubted masterpiece for months.These files must have flown in very low under the radar as I'm here most days - downloading now...Very best regards, Holger and the teamMikeEdit: Oh, nearly forgot, thanks Mitch for the heads up!

I have to share the sentiments directed at this scenery. Awesome!Unfortunately it's not exactly one of the meteorological....ermm...blessed areas of the world and since I only fly with real world weather, the ability to fly VFR is lessened by the weather.A complete week of snow predicted for Yakutat? But I want to visit the cabins!! :-P

Guest RobA

I agree 100% Mitch. Fabulous scenery by Holger and all the team. Just installed it (no problems) and used the Wood Lake Research Station to start with. Found the deer herds and even made it back to base. But, who is the wise guy that tossed my sneakers across the electric lines by the hanger? LOLThanks for such a great addition to the hobby. Can't wait to explore it a bit more.Best, Rob AbernathyRedding, CA

To Holger and crew, thank you for the excellent scenery. Much appreciated.Loved the small touches, loved the compatibility, and loved the ease of installation. Really pro stuff.Nothing better than free new toys for FS9. Merci encore.