Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Panel lights only after dark?

On nearly all my aircraft I cannot obtain panel lights until dusk.Is there a setting to change this please? It's as though someone else is controlling this function.My settings are set to Pilot controls lights. For instance at 07 00 at KSEA the panel lights are on and at 07 04 they are off!Try this on the Carenado 206 Stationair, for the best example?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest tango papa

That happens to be one of the quirks in FS9, no panel lights during daytime hours.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Guest PARADISE

I'm not familiar with the Carenado's, but in some aircraft I have installed I can get the panel lights to come on by turning on the NAV lights.John M

Guest Van

Usually add-on packages such as DF's 727, maddog 2004 MD-80 etc will allow daytime panel lighting because the background lighting is built into the gauge rather then using the panel cfg's bottom section for lighting. Default aircraft and many freeware add-ons simply use the panel cfg for their lighting options.Regards,Van

Have you tried Shift + L? That turns them on for me, day or night. May depend on the aircraft though. And it may not be very noticeable.

Mike...

Hi Mike,The only real time I would like them on is when your in a darkish vc view aircraft like the PMDG NG's durig the day in the shade, if you know what I mean?Yes, I did know about the 'shift+L' command but, that does nothing in daytime.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave, Not sure if this is what you are after but here are two pics showing the VC at 9.18am, one with the modified lights on and the other at the same same time, 9.18am, with them off. I do not have the pmdg so really cannot comment on that but this is the default 737, aint pretty but it flys on the numbers and stable as well.Douglas. B707 Ret.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/168517.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/168518.jpg

Hi Douglas, thanks for posting. The pictures look fine but it is a default aircraft.There is an exception, Level-D's 767 has a cockpit light function as does the 800-900 upgrade for the PMDG NG's but generally, as Tango-Papa or, (whatever his real name is), has hit the nail on the head saying it's a FS bug that has never been solved.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi,Just figured this one out the other day for the upcoming C-46 Commando. Add one or two VC light lines in the aircraft.cfg Lights section, and move them so they are in the cockpit. When you turn on the lights the VC will get brighter, even in the day time.Copy and paste the line from a default jet, and change the number so it's consecutive. Then edit the X Y Z values to move it into the cockpit. This is best done at night.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___