Sign in to follow this  
Calypso50

FS will not load

I've seen something about this before but----where?I've had FS for 2+ years. Lots of aircraft and some scenery.Starting last night when I try to load FS it stops at 56% and says- " Completing setup... 'something' scenery file indexes." And stops.The only thing I did from the day before was to add a repaint from here at AVSIM for the Fokker 28. So I deleted the paints but still FS won't load.I defrag (just the Windows XP defragger) about every week and may have done one between the last successful FS load and the failed one. I forget., But I'm quite sure the defrag I did was before installing the new paint.If anyonje has a suggestion I'd love to get flying agian.Thanks,

Thanks Tom, But I flew Monday, after the time change so as you hint, it must be something else.. beats me.. I know there was something about this issue once before here but.. cab;t find it..

Hi D Scoobie,I'll give it a shot. How do I even find the cfg file? I have a shortcut to it on my desktop from long ago, but not the actual cfg file.

Can anyone tell me how to take D Scoobie's advice and- move "the FS9.cfg to your desktop (so you keep all your tweeks/changes/edits) and allowing FS to build a new one?"Thanks...

Have you tied starting it up and leaving it for about a half hour? The same thing happened to me a few days ago and I left it and it finally went through.

Chris. SUCCESS!! BRAVO!I just didn't wait long enough. I thought it was crashing.I'm up in the air again..Thank you very much.

Your welcome.I had the same problem and I kept shutting the process down and then one day I started it up went to make dinner and came back and it was alive again!