Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanSmith

Am I missing something?

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Hi all, im so frustrated at the moment, the last 4 days actually!I reinstalled xp and fs9, and ever since has stutters!First my system is:-Athlon 3800x2 radeon gecube x1600xt 256mb gddrIII1gig ddrII 667mhz ramfully defragged hard drive with fs9 on seperate hard drive defragged with name option in o%o defrag.i use UT europe with minimal settings, asv6.5 with visibility limited to 24 in the options and 2 cloud layers, i use high performance clouds.in my cfg i have the follwoing entryMode=1280x1024x32UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=22TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=100TextureMaxLoad=10i have tried every setting possible in that cfg, to no avail!Am i missing something? when flying i get pauses in the sim (stutters) as the ground textures snap into place, i NEVER used to have these with the esact same settings!i have AA at 4x, AF at 8x high quality all set through ati tray tools. I also use GE pro for ground textures.Pease someone save me! I even just adjusted the pci latency to 32 in my motherboard bias to no avail!Ian

four days ago - did you experience an automated update to your anti-virus/spam/firewall software?big stutter issue with this software as some setting cause all files to be scanned before they are allowed show in the sim.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest ianrivaldosmith

nah it isnt that, ive just run filemon,should the following worry me?17:42:38 FS9.EXE:3512 QUERY INFORMATION G:Flight Simulator 9SceneryWorldTEXTURE006a2an3.agn NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 17:42:38 FS9.EXE:3512 QUERY INFORMATION G:Flight Simulator 9SceneryWorldTEXTURE.CAB NOT FOUND Attributes: Error it pops up quite a lot during the running of fs9, and im sure occurs around the time of the stutter!also:-17:42:36 FS9.EXE:3512 QUERY INFORMATION G:Flight Simulator 9SceneryWorldTEXTURE006a2an4.agn NOT FOUND Attributes: Error infact quite a few .agn files pop up as 'not found'?and some aircraft ones too:-17:42:12 FS9.EXE:3512 QUERY INFORMATION G:Flight Simulator 9AIRCRAFTBAe1462_MYtexture.My00texture.CFG NOT FOUND Attributes: Error 17:42:12 FS9.EXE:3512 QUERY INFORMATION G:Flight Simulator 9AIRCRAFTBAe1462_MYtexture.My00.CAB NOT FOUND Attributes: Error is this ultimate terrain and mytraffic 2006 causing this? why would they install a program that creates missing files????plz someone help lolcheers Ian

Hi Ian,nope, that's nothing to worry about; it's the typical "back chatter" of inefficiencies of the FS9 engine. You can get rid of many of those extra calls by creating copies or dummy files (if you know what the file types are supposed to do) but with Filemon logs you only need to start worrying if you get dozens or hundreds of read errors *per second* for specific files. For example, Ultimate Terrain has an issue with a specific shoreline effect file in some locations; see http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=19466 Cheers, Holger

Guest ianrivaldosmith

arghh so what on earth is causing my stutters then! could it be my traffic 2006? i run it at 30%Ianbefore i reinstalled i ran everything that i run now with no stuttering!

Hi Ian. Just a thought....try using a clean boot procedure and maybe that will help you rule out whether or not your problems are related to XP's services. If you need, you can read about how to perform it here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353I also ran into a very similar issue after I did my wipe and re-install last spring and I highly suspected it was the result of a XP hotfix I had downloaded (sorry can't remember the number). I have uninstalled a couple because of various performance issues. I rarely if ever use my FS rig for browsing the net. Your issue almost sounds like it may be driver related. I assume you re-installed all current for your chipset and VC. Good Luck with it.Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.12's6x EATM AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

Guest ianrivaldosmith

yeah I always run a with minimal services running in xp, last time it was updated was november 06!i have all latest drivers for everything except vc as I think older drivers work better with fs9!hmmmmIan