Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Countdown To Maddog 2006!

For all you guys bad-mouthing this aircraft, take a minute and download the manuals, then you'll see everything this product has to offer. The tutorial is unlike anything I've seen before. Checkout their forum, I don't see many complaints, to the contrary, most of the posts are praising. You don't see that too often on the first day of a new product release.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorLogitech Extreme 3D pro Joystickhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpghttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

>For all you guys bad-mouthing this aircraft, take a minute>and download the manuals, then you'll see everything this>product has to offer. The tutorial is unlike anything I've>seen before. Checkout their forum, I don't see many>complaints, to the contrary, most of the posts are praising.>You don't see that too often on the first day of a new product>release.>>Dave Fisher>CYYZ>>P4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPU>P4P800SE Asus Motherboard>2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZ>GeForce 7600GT/512 OC'd>Maxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2>WDC WD800 80 Gig HD>Antec 500watt true power>Sharp 19 inch LCD Monitor>Logitech Extreme 3D pro Joystick>>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg>>http://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpgIncorrect.It's not a new product, it's an update of a product that's 2 years old, so the developers have had plenty of time to do their homework. I commend them for that, but let's stick to the facts, shall we?ricardo

Those who really love the Maddog will by it ...those who don't don't. :)...please VC lovers stop belittling 2D panels! I'm finding it increasingly hard to keep my mouth shut as to what I think of VC pilots. :-bang

Ed, you're completely right.This is a hobby for everyone and should stay that way."De gustibus non est disputandum" as the Romans said, discussions about personal likes and dislikes don't make sense at all.I personally can hardly understand why a VC is needed in a product like the new Maddog, but I respect those who like to have one.But to start moaning about missing this and that is not the right way I think. Leonardo has published a features list, those who're happy with it should buy, others should let it be, it's that simple.Every time the same needless discussions! I for my part don't buy CLS models 'cause they don't offer me anything I expect. But do I rant? No, the're different things in life for different people.If it's too expensive for you- let it be, that simple too!And since I'm a fan of the Maddog, I instantly purchased it (I would even if it was more expensive). A great add-on and wonderful work. Thank you, Leonardo crew!Andreas

Guest Harlock

>>Incorrect.>>It's not a new product, it's an update of a product that's 2>years old, so the developers have had plenty of time to do>their homework. I commend them for that, but let's stick to>the facts, shall we?>>ricardo>Hello there! I didn't want to hop in this thread at all (as I'm rather appalled by the way the discussion is being held here), but after reading this I just couldn't hold back. I'm sorry.Do you actually own the new Maddog2006???And if not, have you taken the trouble to at least read through the extremely detailed manual & tutorial?If you have at least flipped through the manuals, you'd know that it is indeed a NEW product, and NOT a simple upgrade.The level of realism, the technical details and the functionality are setting a new precedence for our hobby!!!And what is more important: guys, this product has generated more happy users from the first day of its release than most of the other products we all know off.If the VC-lovers out there had ANY idea about the crazy systems-logic of the MD acft, you'd know what it means when users of the Maddog2006 report that it is a wonderfully thorough & amazingly COMPLETE simulation of this bird!I guess we can't have it all... but you guys have to decide on what you want. And as far as I can see, most of the ppl here have gone for eye-candy and the likes...But bear in mind: in the new dog you get more than you bargained for!!! A complete & thorough simulation of one of the most interesting acft ever to grace the skies!!!And that is more than worth its price! Add to that the fact that it has proven to be a very carefully planned and bug-free release (remember many other products that we've seen that generated such comments from day one?), that the developing team is providing a top-notch support, and contrary to many other developers we had a COMPLETE product (manuals in advance, and all the rest - paintkits, liveries and the likes) AS PROMISED exactly on release date, and I think the virtues speak for themselves.Please note:a) I've nothing to do with the team that developed the Maddog2006, but am just reporting my findings of the product.:( I've bought all (I mean ALL) of the other simulated MD8X products so far (and that includes the CoolSky bird, the earlier incarnation of the Maddog, Eaglesoft/Payne Aviation's MD80 Flight Deck as well as the seemingly ill fated MdMax) and NOTHING comes even close to Maddog2006!Sorry for having said all this, but I just had a feeling that the people who developed this bird do indeed deserve a recognition of their work, and not a bashing because a VC is not (yet) included. After all it is the simulated systems that count in a product like this. Ok, at least fro me...Give this bird a chance, and you won't be disappointed...I'll stay out of the issue again... so peace on both sides, I hope!No hard feelings & all the bestPetros

Well said Petros.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I still haven't been able to get mine activated. I've sent my registration 3 times now. Had one email back stating they haven't received it.Bah, humbug!

I'm a VC lover, but it seems this is indeed one hefty high end '2d' sim that may well be worth it's price. There seems to be no real basis upon which to criticize the product other than personal taste.That says a lot for it, and there appears to be reason to disbelieve the dev when they say a vc is coming.Too rich for my blood though, here's a case of a seemingly good product that is just plain beyond the set limits of a potential consumer. Have fun maddogs :) wish I could join you but I'll keep my pennies for the A320.regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark

Guest SilverCircle

>It's not a new product, it's an update of a product that's 2>years old, so the developers have had plenty of time to do>their homework. I commend them for that, but let's stick to>the facts, shall we?If you see it this way, then many future products will "only" be an update of an older one. PMDG also plans to update their 737 and 747 for FSX and I doubt you will get any of these products for $10 (a typical price tag for an update).Besides, the maddog 2006 is more than an update, because it has a lot of really new features, some of them never seen in an airliner add-on before. Usually, an update doesn't introduce many new features, but just improves already existing ones, solves compatibility issues with new FS Versions and such things.The only thing which is missing to make it one of the most complete addons available is the VC, which will be a free upgrade. Everything else is already there and the product is surprisingly polished for a first release. No major bugs have been found so far and there are almost no complaints from people who have purchased it.And people will also get the FSX upgrade for free. I think, that overall it is a fair deal. I also think that we should (or have to) slowly say goodbye to low price tags for complex airliner addons. I highly doubt that any of the upcoming quality products will sell for significantly less than $50 - a price tag in the range of $30 is more likely for "lite" addons like the recently released MD-11 by skysim.And, something which is also important (for me, at least): You cannot blame the maddog devs for not showing commitment to their product(s). The 2004 version was updated a lot for more than 2 years - not only bugfixes, but also new features were added. If they show the same level of support for the new version, then the only real reason to skip this addon is when you absolutely hate the MD-8x.

>Sorry for having said all this, but I just had a feeling that>the people who developed this bird do indeed deserve a>recognition of their work, and not a bashing because a VC is>not (yet) included. After all it is the simulated systems that>count in a product like this. Ok, at least fro me...>>PetrosPetros no bashing here from me to much respect for any fellow simmer that does a contribution to the Flightsim world Freeware or Payware....It seems that we VC guys aren't taken as serious simmers... :(In the contrary most of us are hardcore system guys ;-)I never shout anything before I get my facts straight so downloaded the manual and just read all the stuff :-lolBut for me there is a line what I think a complete package should cost... and that is my own opinion... (It's still the framework of FS9 )I only buy from my point of view a complete package with 2d and comparable VC systems.So with all the quality packages around with VC stuff and less in price and great systems modeled...After reading the manual it seems the systems are modeled quite well and I can imagine the enjoyment you get out of this package.So by all means have fun with it, but despite the promises of a VC I skip this one for the time being.Have had enough from developers delivering half packages or software full of bugs ;-)Cheers and have fun guys from a VC pilot... Andr

André

Guest daniel.alm

Add another happy customer to the list. All people who love systems and realistic airliners should buy this. Those who can't live without the VC, should wait until it's released. I really can't understand all the fuss about that.And regarding this being an upgrade, well, if this is an upgrade to the Maddog2004 (which I also own), then the Level-D 767 was also a mere upgrade to the 767PIC. Actually, the step forward from the Maddog2004 to the Maddog2006 is much, much bigger than the step forward the Level-D 767 did in comparison to the 767PIC. And I guess most, who don't see that, didn't buy the product or simply are not the target group anyway.

Guest SilverCircle

>Petros no bashing here from me to much respect for any fellow>simmer that does a contribution to the Flightsim world>Freeware or Payware....>>It seems that we VC guys aren't taken as serious simmers...>:(Who said that? VCs are not a bad thing and if you feel that a VC is *essential* for you, then I can, of course, understand not buying a product which comes w/o a VC.It's just that for me (and many others) there are more important things than a VC. I, for example, wouldn't purchase an airliner if it hadn't at least halfway detailed and authentic system modeling. I'am not asking for 100% realism, but the basic things should be there. The most beautiful VC couldn't compensate for a complete lack of system modeling, completely wrong FDE, missing docs etc., but the opposite does still work for me. If an addon gets everything right (and I would say, the new maddog does), but lacks a VC, I can still enjoy it.I'am not 100% sure if I had purchased it w/o the promise for a future VC upgrade, though. So, the missing VC doesn't bother me much at the moment, although I would love to see it included and I will definitely use it when they add it with a future patch. I'am not anti VC at all, I just *can* live w/o a VC in a complex airliner (I can *not* live w/o a VC in a small GA plane or helicopter).>So with all the quality packages around with VC stuff and less>in price and great systems modeled...Which products?When it comes to system modeling, the new maddog can compete with the top class add-ons easily - there aren't many airliners in that area, maybe less than half a dozen. Compared to them, it doesn't lack anything except the VC. System-wise it can keep up with my favorites from LDS, PMDG and SSTSIM (these 3 are the only add-ons playing in the same league, anything else is at least one level below).

Guest BlueRidgeDx

I hate to be blunt, but you have no idea what you're talking about. The Leonardo team has taken excruciating pains to make the Maddog 2006 the BEST it can be.The visual model is completely new, and has features I've never seen on ANY other model before.The panel is truly a masterpiece, and again, has features you've never seen in a panel for FS9 (or FSX for that matter).The only thing "missing" is the VC. And the team is committed to providing one. There was no reason to delay the release of the whole product, for just this one element. Nick