Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Better fps with MS Net Framework 3.0 ?

On the Airliners.com forum regarding FS2004, somebody posted that if you instal Net Framework 3.0, you can get an fps improvement of 10% to 45%. Is this true?Is there any risk to installing Net Framework 3.0 (I have only 1.1 which came already installed with my PC.)?Thanks!JS

I too have heard this, I unknowingly have versions 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0 on my system so I can't comment on whether installing 3.0 made any impact on my frames. I will say this though, I highly doubt that were I to remove 3.0 that I would lose any performance, though I think it would be worth a try for you since I have them all and have no side-effects from it.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

I have all three versions on my system. I always got the same FPS no matter what version. So for me, I saw no improvement over NF 1.0Two cents,Mitch R.

I think one is only supposed to have a single version on the PC at any one time, no ?!JS

Actually JS, I thought that at first as well. But...I have had two programs that have 'needed' a particular version, so I downloaded it, and the program went on its merry way.The other programs seemed to 'need' their 'version' as well.I think it rolls down to which version .dll (Data Link Library) file the program calls upon.MitchP.S. I have all three versions on my system and have no heart-ache to date for doing it.

>I have all three versions on my system. I always got the same>FPS no matter what version. So for me, I saw no improvement>over NF 1.0>>Two cents,>>Mitch R.Ditto. I read in another thread about a month ago that this .NET 3.0 performance gain theory was proven false. If I recall correctly, it seems it orginated from down under, in the VOZ forums.Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.12's6x EATM AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

>>I think one is only supposed to have a single version on the>PC at any one time, no ?!>>JSIf I'm not mistaken, .NET is a side-by-side type of thing. They can certainly exist at the same time. Also, the 3.0 framework, I believe, is mostly to support the new Windows Presentation Foundation stuff and other things in Vista.

Guest SoarPics

I have .NET 3.0 installed and it's made no difference in FS9. Also have 1.1 and 2.0 installed.Greg

OK, thanks everybody!I just installed version 2.0 over version 1.1 and all went well. Then I installed Holger's Glacier Bay (hey, hey, hey--wow!!)JS

"...don't forget to pack your skis, tent, sleeping bag, camp-fire folding chair, case of two-four....oh...I guess some food as well...er...a Trout pole won't be bad either...;)Mitch, and way ahead of ya...lol.Just need that virtual body....anybody have a program to address that?!?!?Mitch R.