Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gringo

any part of FS word worth exploring?

Guest Marvel

hello, could someone recommend me some spots in FS word worth exploring? Like some extreme landscape or some wield thing that you have come over. Since what I see everyday is land and water, so I think it's time to go out of the flight plan and let my curiosity lead me hehe.MarvelVTBD

Guest Captain Barfbag

Try the Tapini airport (TAP) on Papua New Guinea.

Guest Marvel

Captain Barfbag TAP airport hay... that's a good one!! :-))) but how do I take off or land? I'll definitely find a chance to do some pattern flying with my cessna sometimes later. Keep them coming guys :-)MarvelVTBD

Guest outtatimeiii

If your looking for a classic example of a FS2002 "oops" then you should head over to SESM LOL. Good luck getting out of there alive :)! I have a few other "interesting" places to go in FS2002, but I cant quite remember where they are :-lol .

Seattle/Tacoma area.Andes in Colombia, Equador, Venezuela and Peru (Bogota, Lima, Quito).Austrian and Swiss Alps (Innsbruck, Sion).

I'm a low-level mountain man, now that FS2002 has brought VFR to life. Try:A good Swiss helicopter (Alouette III or A109 REGA) around the Swiss Alps. Get good mesh first (freeware is fine) and ALL of Daniel Gautier's and Andreas Heigi's scenery. Start in Geneva, Sion, or any of the others. It's awesome stuff.A smallish twin or turboprop around the South Island of New Zealand. A plethora of good add-on airports abound, as do good landclass and meshes, all freeware. You do need those: but then your experience will be magnificent. Start in Queenstown, go and find Milford Sound.Anwhere in South West Alaska, using one of those magic DHC-2 Beavers. The only way to go. Start in Juneau, Ketchikan, or one of the floatbases. There are hundreds of good add-ons for the area. You can smell the salmon on the barbie!Norway. The entire west coast is a wonderland. Take something exciting out of your military hangar and try flying the fjords at 100 feet or so. Stay awake!That'll get you going.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Gringo

Try the approach and Landing, and the Take Off from Merida Airport ) in Venezuela (SVMD). This airport is for strictly visual operations. It is located amongst the highest Andean Mountains peaks (16.000 ft) in the Venezuela's Andes. You can use GA aircrafts and Regionals up to a DASH 8 , an ATR or a DC3 (these are the only commercial planes landing there). A fictitious Vor has been installed at SWVMD to help you find the airport.I recommend the Los Andes 2k2 scenery by David Maldonado. Go into Avsim or flightsim either under Venezuelan sceneries or under David Maldonado. You land at rwy 06 and take off from rwy 26.You can also try the Canaima scenario by same author as above and take off from SVCN (Canaima) and try to land on top of the mountain where Jimmy Angel discovered the Angel Falls (Highest water fall in the world). A fictitious vor has been installed by the author to help you find this gravel runway. This is an FS2k scenery but works fine in FS2k2.________________________________________________________________Edmundo Cardenas van Grieken/SVMICaracas, Venezuela[table border=1 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td rowspan=3] Proud pilot of Proud Supporter of[c][link:www.flightsimmers.net/radarcontact]Radar Contact][/c], the premiere ATC adventure add-on for FS