Sign in to follow this  
jmig

$ for $ you can

I am posting this to balance a lot of negativism about MSFSs, I have seen in these forums. I know that at age 59 my POV will be different from someone in their teens and twenties. So, please allow an old kid to relate a positive MSFS story.For several years now, I have been building a T-38 cockpit. I have recently returned to flight simming after a two year hiatus to remodel some bathrooms. I have a three 19" LCD monitor setup connected to a TH2Go, and consider this the way to go, for emersion.I am almost ready to start testing the pit

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Here - here! :-beerchug I'm glad I didn't have all these fancy flightsims when I was a kid back in the late 60's and early 70s, I enjoyed my Legos and GI Joes and Sgt. Rock comics. Better for a kid to have "real" toys. But now I'm delighted to have this hobby available in-house. Beats tv and it's more entertaining (and cheaper) than the bar.Yep, good fun, good times, good flying.

FSD should use this as advertisment on their site.JimCYWG

Guest tango papa

I don't want to take anything away from the enjoyment that you get from flying the T-38 in your set-up. But I will suggest to help you unwind, get some of the sceneries from Holger Sandmann, Misty Fjords, Tongass Fjords, Glacier Bay-v2, and enjoy the slow and low atmosphere of bush flying in Alaska. Read some of the comments about Glacier Bay, and I think you might get hooked.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

I have it and, flew it for an hour yesterday. Low and slow, well slow compared to a jet. LOL I used a combination of a P-40 Warhawk and P-51.My wife and I are planning on going to Alaska and cruise the Juneau area. I have been using a combination of Webshots.com , to download ands view pictures, and FS9 to fly the area. I do hope to fly the area in a small GA plane. I think I would enjoy bush flying.My problem with wanting to get the T-38 down again has to do with flying in the military. They demanded perfection. I never forget my first flights in the T-41 (a striped down version of the C-172) and instructor yelling at me for being 10-15 feet off altitude. You also get so good at flying your aircraft that you can instinctively do anything with it that it is capable of doing. You know that airplane and can feel it the way a horseman feels the horse under him. I wanted that same feeling and expertise in the simulated T-38 and my friend, it just ain

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset