Sign in to follow this  
gavi25

Realistic taxi thrust?

Hi there, I remember sometime last year that someone had rewritten a module or setting in FS2004 so that when you taxi, you hardly need any throttle and gave better ground performance as I find that some aircraft when turning on the taxiway tend to slide a bit rather than follow the track of the nose wheel and the main gear does the same.I can t remember what the name of it was. Can anyone help?Kind RegardsGavin Moss

I think it was sim1.dll. You can download from Avsim. Hope this is the one you were thinking of.RegardsPaul

Paul Edwards

I was looking for it too, alas, a hacked FS9 .dll file is against Avsim policy and it was promptly removed.

So, does anybody know where can we find that file?Best regards from ColombiaLuis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I have it if you want it...just gimmie an email address.

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

Brian, you've got a PMBest regards from ColombiaLuis Miguel

Best regards,

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

>I was looking for it too, alas, a hacked FS9 .dll file is>against Avsim policy and it was promptly removed. Send me a PM and I'll send it to you?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Sent to you Luis. ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave and Brian, thanks a lot for your help. Now I can taxi my turboprops as they should be, and they won't lose control on ground hehehehe:D.Best regards from ColombiaLuis Miguel

Best regards,

Brian, Could you sent that file my way? jgdriscoll@comcast.net I would be thankful :-)

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Erm, could you send it my way as well please, I've been looking all morning. I hope you don't mind the intrusion.jim dot harris at orange dot netJim Harris EGNXA War Story

Could you send it this way as well?bullwinkle61801@yahoo.comSure appreciate it!Matt

me too if you dont mind... thx much briancgexx@hotmail.comhenry

Guest visualchaosfx

I would like this file as well. Here is my email address:visual_chaos79@yahoo.comThank you.