Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Maddog 2006 (Again!)

Hello peepsI can't get registered on their support forum to post, hence..... I wonder if anyone here can help:I've printed ALL the manuals, and read from cover to cover - twice, but can't find what i'm looking for. That, of course, doesn't mean it's not there;-) If i push the throttles to full power, both engines simply shut down, either on the ground, or in the air! If i apply power very gently on the take-off roll, only reaching about 3/4 throttle, all is well.This happens from either panel state being loaded - 'cold & dark' or 'ready to start'.Am i missing something obvious, or do i perhaps have a fault?Thanks

From one of the devs:"There is a protection for the engines, they shut down on ground if the N1 or N2 goes beyond limit... Just advance the throttle smoothly to 1.4 epr and then engage autothrottle..."As far as the registration issues, try contacting support @ flythemaddog.com if nothing else is working.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Thanks Brian, just what i expected. Tell me though, where did you find that in the manuals?

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Hi Phil,To be honest I'm not sure if its in the manual or not, I haven't looked.Just make sure that during takeoff (or any other phase of flight), you respect the EPR Limit, or you will have serious trouble. During pre-flight, make sure you press the "TO" button on the Thrust Rating Panel. You should see the EPR bugs increase on the engine instruments, and a digital readout of the EPR Limit displays between the EPR displays at the top of the stack. Before taking the runway, be sure to press the TOGA button, and verify ALT | TKOFF | TKOFF on the FMA.When you're lined up on the runway, manually push the throttles up to about 1.4 EPR or 70% N1, and let the engines stabilize there. Then engage the Authothrottle. The ATS should smoothly increase thrust up to the TO EPR LIM, and you'll hear the F/O call "Takeoff thrust set."Then you're golden.NickP.S. - Takeoff thrust is limited to 5 minutes or less. Another limitation of the real aircraft...

Many thanks for the info. This aircraft is great i think, also the manuals.If that info doesn't appear in the manual anywhere, i'm surprised not to have heard more 'moans' such as, 'my airplane is broke' or the like from any 'jump in and fly' buyers.Surely there must be some who simply light 'em up, then hit the throttles?Anyway, it's by no means a complaint - just caught me out a bit.