Sign in to follow this  
altstiff

CYYZ

I notice Dennis Di Franco released CYYZ in the library here.It's amazing guys!Big thanks to Dennis for this amazing effort!

I've been waiting a long time for a new Pearson airport to come along, well, the wait was worth it. Bye-bye Simflyers, hello new YYZ. You guys have done a great job, even added all the buildings around the perimeter. I've been watching the new construction going on for years, it's nice to see it finaly reproduced in FS. It fits in well with FO's GTA scenery and UT. Great job, thank's for still supporting FS9.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorLogitech Extreme 3D pro Joystickhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpghttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Guest jonasbeaver

does it work in fsx?

Wow! All I can say.Such a huge airport as freeware. What a great weekend surprise (I didn't really know about the project being on its way).Downloading at the moment.Finally a good reason to fly to Canada now.Dennis thank you so much!Best regards,RafalP.S. I bought Simflyers' version years ago but don't use it for a well-known reason.

Guest panda234

Looks sweet. For all of us who are going to take out Simflyers is it a straightforward process to remove it? After it's out, does it add any complexity to the install process? Thanks.Bill

Seriously, you have to check out this scenery! Both Dennis Di Franco (Scenery) and Shane Strong (AFCAD) have put a huge amount of effort into the detail of this airport - Dennis has also done his best to ensure that this detail doesn't come at the expense of frame rates. I spend alot of time around CYYZ and let me tell you, these guys have got it spot-on.We are all very lucky to still have people in the FS community that create quality freeware and ask for nothing in return, other than perhaps the occaisional thank-you.So... THANK YOU!!! :-waveDave

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Just go to the scenery library in FS. Delete the entry for Simflyers CYYZ. Restart FS. Close FS and you can safely delete the Simflyers CYYZ folder. Then install the new one, start FS and add it to FS using the scenery library. Restart and you're good to go.

Mike...

Guest Skedflyer

Thanks for the comments guys...This is my first project and I am very happy to see people are happy with my work. I have received a good number of e-mails today, and I will answer each one, it makes the past year all worth it..I just want to say that it was not only Shane that worked on the AFCAD but also a BIG thank you goes to Garry Lewis who worked VERY hard to finish the AFCAD for me.. So please thank him as well.I'm having trouble exporting my models with the FSX gamepack, in getting my night Transparency to work properly.. You will find that it does work in FSX, just a few models are transparent and Dawn DUSK and Night.. And the ground poly's will have a black outline (hopefully will be fixed by MS).So once I can get the building exported properly I

Guest Blazer

HI..Yes..I agree...Thanks to Dennis for the nice freeware CYYZ.Have downloaded and installed it and am appreciative of this nice addon which looks real good.Glad developers still have us FS9 guys in mind.Thanks again to the developers..Regards...TH

Echoing the thanks others have showered on you. Feels great to finally fly in to a recognizable CYYZ. Love the attention to detail.Alan

Thank you profoundly Dennis, Shane and team!! :) FINALLY a base of operations for my Canadian flights!Silk-smooth approach into CYYZ this afternoon after 8hrs from EHAMWonderful piece of work! :-beerchugregards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark