Sign in to follow this  
Guest stephen_1888

Start Up Screen

Guest stephen_1888

Wonder if anyone can help. A while back I had a CTD problem, and while searching for a cure, I read a "fix" that meant when I started FS it missed the opening screen and went straight to default flight. This hasn't been a major problem till now, as I can't access the start screen to enable new sceneries. Anyone know how to get back so my start screen kicks in.PS I can't remember what I did in the first place.Hope someone can helpThnksStephen

Guest ThrottleUp

Not sure if this will fix it but check your fs9.cfg for the line in bold:[STARTUP]DEMO=0LOADSIM=1LOADWINDOW=1SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1Im not sure what you mean...do you mean the splash screen or the screen where you select a flight, create a flight etc? :)If its a splash-screen thing then go to this folder and look for a file called dlgsplash. If its not there then just put in any bitmap you want and call it dlgsplashProgram FilesFlight Simulator 2004Uires

Stephen,from within any flight you can also press ESC and select END FLIGHT; this should take you back to the menu screen. If you need to return to the flight then just save it beforehand as "_temp" or something of that nature, make your changes and reload the flight. You can also get to the tick-box to "show opening screen" from this main menu.Loyd

Guest stephen_1888

Thanks GuysLoyd your suggestion has done the trickRStephen