Sign in to follow this  
hippyonenine

fe.dll crash on landing in europe

Hi everyone.Recently I have been experiencing fe.dll ctds on landing at major airports in Europe - nowhere else. If it doesnt happen on the final approach it does on the runway.I have followed all the threads about AI textures being a cause and also hardware issues but I have a high end system (AMD64 plus 512 graphics card, 3 gig of memory, and a 700w PSU) and on landing usually cut out the AI to stop them from conflicting with my final approach. So doubting if either of these. I was wondering whether the practice of removing AI on the last moments of the flight is the trigger point to the ctds. I am installing AI smooth as I type and hope this will cure the need to remove traffic.Also wonder whether Ultimate Terrain Europe could be causing a problem.Does anyone have an idea?Many thanksJohn

Guest Pilot533

Hmm i just got this crash in atlanta tonight when flying leonardo's maddog 2006, crashed after engine start when switching to external view. Then I got an out of memory message. What plane are you flying?

the ultimate terrain series has a bug when using enhanced coastlines. only UT USA has a fix right now. that is probably causing your problem

Thanks for your help.It happens whatever plane I fly and always in Europe just before landing or just after.I have uninstalled and reinstalled Ultimate Terrain with and ensured detailed coastline deticked. Will report back.Thanks againJohn

Ultimate Terrain Europe could be the reason, but not necessarily is. I have used this excellent addon for a long time and I think I didn't notice any problems related to it directly. But that goes for my hardware/software combination and settings.What I would like to suggest for you is to check if you don't have any:- additional landclass (not being added in the Scenery library or having an empty Texture folder)- duplicate AFCADsFor the above reasons I used to have both CTDs and dll error reports.Finding a loose landclass or a duplicate AFCAD (there's a smart application called "ScanAFD") always helped me.I am not saying it will solve your problem, but it costs nothing to try! ;)Best regards,Rafal

Guest Pilot533

What does FE.dll control?

Hi every oneAgain thanks for the replies. Have just flown EBBR to EGGL in the Eurowings A319 (I know thats old fashioned these days but to be honest I prefer the Aerosoft Eurowings package to the latest PIC and at least I get updated Airacs).Anyway sorry for the politics but having uninstalled Ultimate Terrain then reinstalled and deticked enhanced coastline did give me a ctd free flight.Maybe there was a conflict somewhere - after 3 years of FS9 and all the add ons it is impossible to keep track of what is going on.regardsJohn

basically the bug in Ultimate Terrain is it keeps calling for files that do not exist. for some people, it causes out of memory errors, for others, it is a crash to desktop with various .dll errors