Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot533

What is responsible for defining scenery textures?

Guest Pilot533

What exactly in fs tells the program when and where to load seasonal textures such as green lush textures for summer? Today I flew out of kden and it looked like southwest florida there, why were lush green summer textures loaded there? I mean gosh, even in summer denver isnt supposed to be that green. I have fs genesis, utusa and ge pro, could there be a conflict with these?

landclass files. do you have FS Genesis landclass? The addons you mentioned there only place textures and altitude changes, not actual defining textures.

There is an excellent document on this which may be obtained here:http://www.jobia.de/The document is called:Landclass, Waterclass, Mesh, Terrain, FS9.CFG ParameterDokumentation f

Guest Pilot533

Yes I have fs genesis with he ut usa patch. Scott, is there an english version of that? Also if someone could take a ss of kden from top down view on march 19th I would appreciate it. I think something got screwed up with fs.

Guest neslesman

I just checked out the airport in FS9 for two days ago and it was neither green nor covered in snow, it was quite tan and yellow like very early spring just after the melt. Lots of white snow on the horizon at elevation.

Guest Pilot533

Yeah I just figured out that it is fs genesis that is doing that, gosh I thought fsgenesis was supposed to help these things. Waste of $18 bucks...

Hi,FSG is certainly NOT doing that. The exact same thing happens to me (and I am using default textures).Today is the first day of spring, so FS tells ALL landclass files to start using their spring textures. If you want it to look like winter instead, use a date earlier than today until you want it to look like spring.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest Pilot533

When I uninstall fs gen, denver looks the way it should, all year. The green textures are not displayed when fs gen is not on my system. So I just took it off, I think its a waste. It also messes up circle farm textures, taking them away from the places they should be.

Guest Pilot533

Lol, im enjoying flt sim more now that I have it removed from my system. I think the fsgen landclass is not all that its cracked up to be. As I said, in comparison to real world photos it removes circle farms from where they should be. This is how I did the denver test, I reinstalled fs9 into a new area on my hdd, installed utusa and fs terrain. THen loaded up kden, the textures were fine. Now I installed fs gen (one test with the sandwich patch and one without i.e. just using fs genesis landclass and ignoring utusa). Both tests with fs genlc installed denver came out all green, this test was doen on the same date and time of the first tests. So it MUST have be fsgenesis.