Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

Help with fps down at end of flight

Hi,A strange thing happens in my flights with FS9: at the end of a flight, starting when I am about to land, I get a decrease in fps, that reduce to about one half or more. If I toggle to another application or to desktop with alt-tab, or if I just simply pause the sim and unpause, the fps return to the initial correct value. It's not a problem of scenery, it seems like a problem of memory starting suffering after some time. Indeed if I takeoff, make a circling and land, the fps remain high.My specs are: PIV 3.2 GHz, 2Gb Ram, video card ATI 9800 pro. I have all applications off (antivirus, services, etc.), according to the tweaks adviced on several sites.Thanks for any help.James

James Goggi

Guest davrob42

HiI have the the same prob.but i heard a tip somewhere that if you delete youre fs cfg and re build a new one it sorts it.I did a few short flights (pmdg737 with flight plan,FMC,RC4 and ultimate traffic running) seemed ok but will try a few longer flights and let you know.Dave

Guest Laurens

HiI also have a ATI 9800 pro and have the same problem, but only with very crowded airports with lots of scenery.. I think it's just the 9800 pro that's gettin unable to handle everything, and when returning to windows it stops for a sec, and can handle the graphics again when returning to fs.. altough that's what I think of it...cheers

The problem you are reporting seems similar to the problems that were reported after the release of FS9. Do you have the FS9 patch installed to 9.1 ? You might try renaming the autogen XML gauge in the autogen folder to default.xml.bak . That file has the chicken and fast food restaurants along with other scenery objects.

Thanks for your replies. I found that in my case the problem is TrackIR related: it's like the TrackIR software uses more and more memory during the flight, and at the end there is a considerable decrease in fps. Without TrackIR loaded everything is as smooth as silk till the end.

James Goggi

>Thanks for your replies. I found that in my case the problem>is TrackIR related: it's like the TrackIR software uses more>and more memory during the flight, and at the end there is a>considerable decrease in fps. Without TrackIR loaded>everything is as smooth as silk till the end.This sounds depressing. Any more comments? Which version of TIR software your're using?Thanks.

I tried both 4.1.028 and 4.1.030, but nothing changes. I also minimize the TIR software window and followed all advices given by the technical support, but it's like my TIR is eating more and more memory during the flight, and when I have to land.... 5-6 fps in some airports. The funny thing is that if I just switch to desktop then back to FS, I find 16-18 fps stable. It turns me crazy!

James Goggi

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

1 - What add-on applications are you running?2 - Are you running any firewall/antivirus applications? Which ones?3 - Are you using a USB hub, or plugging directly into the system?4 - When this occurs, if you go into the Task Manager->Processes Tab; what are the CPU resources being used, for the TrackIR software?

Sorry, Vincent, for posting also on the TIR forum, but when I first posted here I didn't know the problem was TIR related.1.I run all applications on a laptop, WideFS-connected to my FS computer, so no apps except FS and TIR. I also shut down unnecessary windows services (not through programs like FSstart, just through msconfig).2.No, no antivirus, nor firewall. I don't have Internet on my FS computer.3.No hub, the TIR is directly connected to the computer. If I go to the Task Manager, the resources vary between 0,2,3 and at times 6-7.I noticed that as soon as I run TrackIR, the memory used is about 8000 KB. If I restore the TIR window and then minimize it, the memory usage goes down to about 1000 KB, increasing then with time when I fly. Is it normal, isn't it?Thanks for your reply.James

James Goggi

Guest davrob42

I think i must have tried every trick going but am still having this problem. last flight, PMDG737 flight plan loaded ksfo/kren standard scenery, most sliders turned down a bit,start fps locked at 25,15 minuets later 6.This is on pc never on line no other programs loaded,strictly fs onlyRegardsDavePent4 dual coreati x1950xtx4gig rampsmakes no diff fs autostart or not