Sign in to follow this  
Manny

FREEWARE Airport Scenery

WOW.. I just discoverd some amazing Payware quality Freeware airport scenery here at AVSIM Library.Man, these are good.ISD Projects. They have done some amazing Italy airports. I also found some good Aiports for France and Greece.Italy--------LIMC isd_limc2005.zipLIML isdproject_-_liml2004.zip, isdproject_-_milanovfr.zipLIPX isd_limc2005.zipLIRF isdproject-lirf2005.zipLIMG, LIRN - (http://www.napulevola.it/products/2006.aspx)France-------LFRD lfrd2004-v1a.zipLFAT lfat.zipGreece------LGTS gap_lgts_2006.zipUSA---Fly Tampa's Boston,Shea's various airportsMissoula, MT (kmso_jy1.zip)Hong Kong---------VHHHVHHXPlease post your fav freeware airport scenery here.Preferably... the ones with not only airport buildings and Objects, but also ones with custom runway textures or/and phototexture for the immediate airport viscinity.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Ken_Verga

Dude the ISDProject stunned me I was like :( with amazing frames.

Yes..The Ben Gurion airport. How could I forget that.. Yes.. I already have it. I flew it yesterday. Thanks for reminding. In fact..thats what got me searching for good freeware aiports. I want to find enough airports so that I can fly a GA aircraft around the world..and never land on a default airfield/default runway texture. Thats why I looked for Greece... Close to Israel. I was looking for some east of Israel... There is flytampa's Dubai (Payware) and then.. I don't have any till Katmandu and Lukla. Asia/India and Africa are neglected. Manny

Manny

Each of them deserve a medal for delivering top quality add-ons, that rival the best payware, for free.I have all of those sceneries and can't thank each respective author enough.

Gentlemen!Speaking of great freeware sceneries, to which both Italian Scenery Design and Hellas Scenery Project plus LLBG2006 definitely belong, don't forget of the cosmic work our Finnish friends have given to us, mostly the FISD team. Their freeware Helisnki Vantaa is gorgeous, especially based on their photoreal city textures, custom buildings, mesh and ladclass. And there is much more than just Helsinki! Those who, somehow, are unaware of this great stuff, please have a look at:http://files.fsnordic.net/Flight_Simulator/Scenery/Finland/What also comes to my mind is some great Russian (or former Soviet) stuff, found on AVSIM too, like sceneries of Almaty, Yekaterinburg, Rostov, Petersburg, Koltsovo or Novosibirsk Tolmachevo.Not to foget about other absolutely stunning freware like for instance:- Project Canarias 2006 (wow, what stuff!)- Irish Flight Sim Design group project (including Dublin)- freeware KBOS from George (FlyTampa quality)- Los Angeles (and generally California) project by G.Razek- Norway Airports package (over 50 Norwegian airports included!)- Antilles package- Napulevola (Naples project)- many breath-taking Italian photosceneries (Messina, Etna, Vesuvio, etc)- Czech projects (LKPR and photoreal Prague, Brno and many airfields)- Slovak projects (Bratislava, Poprad and others)- Salzburg LOWS by Johannes Kimla plus the surrounding scenery- Real Charles de Gaulle (for those who did not buy from SimWings)- Turkish projects (Istanbul geography, Ataturk, Antalya, Bordum, Dalaman...)- Polish Projects (EPWA, Balice area, EPGD, EPKT, EPPO, Tatry region)- recently Holger's Glacier BayAnd in the end my Number One Kings of all times: VOZ Australia...http://vistaoz.org/Guys, so many places to fly for free! So many reasons to remain happy. ;)Does that mean I do not buy payware sceneries ? No, I do buy them.But it obviously means I continuously lack time to enjoy everything...Best regards,RafalP.S. My apologies to creators of all the wonderful freeware sceneries I didn't mention above.[/]

Guest jonasbeaver

the new toronto pearson and all of the canuk stuff is great

>the new toronto pearson and all of the canuk stuff is greatYes, indeed. I've made a flight to Pearson last night and enjoyed that very much.Should have mentioned that in my list. Sorry!Best regards,Rafal

Guest ThrottleUp

:)All the above sceneries are amazing and as was rightly mentioned - they are ALL payware-quality. We are thoroughly spoiled by these talented people who increase the immersion in FS9 thousandfold for us simmers. For real...sometimes while taxxing to the runway I look at my addon airport and Im like "I...I got this for free?"

The massive freeware airport projects are very nice, but I also appreciate the efforts of someone just reworking the AFCAD and putting in some RWY12 objects to make the default more "real as it gets". Just doing that can be a non-trivial task (well, at least it is for me!), and if it is somewhere you are interested in checking out, worth the small download.scott s..

Rafal,Thank you... I just installed the Project Cabarias 2006 and the La PAlma GCLA airport.. WOW!..What can I say. I can't beleive these are freeware! Vast area of Megascenery like phototexture + an amazing airport.:(I'll be looking at your other stuff too..Thank you!Manny

Manny

>The massive freeware airport projects are very nice, but I>also appreciate the efforts of someone just reworking the>AFCAD and putting in some RWY12 objects to make the default>more "real as it gets". scott s.Great point and I couldn't agree more Scott - we have a great community!Regards, Kendall

Regards, Kendall

This is, by far the best place for f/w scenery.http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.phpThey update it weekly. Please check it out.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorLogitech Extreme 3D pro Joystickhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpghttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg