Sign in to follow this  
Manny

FREEWARE Airport Scenery

>Thank you... I just installed the Project Cabarias 2006 and>the La PAlma GCLA airport.. WOW!..What can I say. I can't>beleive these are freeware! Vast area of Megascenery like>phototexture + an amazing airport.>I'll be looking at your other stuff too..>>Thank you!You're welcome, Manny!I've put the list here for those of you who haven't yet tried some of these pearls. I am absolutely sure you will enjoy all or at least most of them. They make my world a much nicer place.... :)Best regards,RafalP.S. Yes, Project Canarias threw me on my knees too.

Today, I focused on Finland. I installed over 10 airports from that site you posted Rafal.The Helsinki, finland is fantastic... all the other airports have custom runway textures. The entire country has detailed terrain and mesh.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>Helsinki, finland is fantastic...Sure it is, Manny!Don't forget to upgrade your impressions by installing all the layers of Helsinki area scenery, meaning:-Finland mesh-Finn Terrain (1.4-1.6)-Finland landclass (2.2)-Finn Library (1.5)-Finn Objects (4.3)-Helsinki city photoreal textures-Helsinki the City (4.0)-Vantaa photoreal textures-Helsinki Vantaa Intl (there's even a light version if you face FPS issues)-Helsinki Vantaa night lightingIf you really like Scandinavian mood, there are even Finn trees and buildings, but in cas you dislike them, make a backup before.However for general flying around Europe (which I do mostly) I recommend a gorgeous replacement of autogen building textures (giving e.g. more red roofs and difinitely more European feeling) made by German simmers: Anselm J

Finn Terrain is updated to 1.7. There are several minor updates for other sceneries as well due to the new mesh sceneryRob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

>Finn Terrain is updated to 1.7Thanks for bringing it, Bob! :)Best regards,RafalEDIT: ROB, I'm so sorry! :-shy

Rafal.. For you and the Finland freeware developers. Thank you.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/169041.jpgThats in FSX. I could use the land class, terrain and the photoscenery textures. However the airports/runway textures are a wash in FSXWhats even more amazing is how the autogens look so good with phototextures in FSXMannyPS: Now, I need to see how far I can go with the A Canarias project in FSX. ;)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

A wonderful screenshot Manny!A virtual work of art! :)Glad you're enjoying FISD like I am.Try also some other stuff from my list too and you won't be dissapointed.Best regards,Rafal