Sign in to follow this  
Guest Capt Speirs

Some questions about FS2004

Guest Capt Speirs

I am still using FS2004 and will be for a while till I can afford a computer and replace all my add-ons, so for now I would like to make FS2004 a better experience for now. I hope I am not repeating questions in this forum, I have searched high and low and have not found an answer yet. I would like to be able to see my taxi speed in real time in my virtual cockpit of both my PMDG planes. I would like to see ATC text displayed in front of me only when it pertains to me not other aircraft. Would like very much to know what external aircraft lights to use and when. How to increase the volume of the AI traffic

Guest tango papa

Here is a solution to show your taxi speed, and also to set the taxi speed: rcbgh-32.zip, available in the AVSIM library. This file also includes bush-back functions. Just follow the instructions. I don't think there is a solution to exclude the ATC messages that don't relate to your A/C. The messages for other planes will appear and disappear automaticaly. I've seen several suggestions for light options, NAV lights on when parked, Taxi light on while in route from parking, or gate, to runway and vise-versa. Landing lights on when cleared to take-off, and landing, and off upon assigned to ground traffic directions. I can't provide assistance to Active camera or TrackIR, as I don't have those installed.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

ATC text - click options - settings - ATC on the menu bar and make sure Show ATC text has NOT got a check mark and that Auto-open ATC window has a check mark. Only text you will now see is that pertaining to your aircraft.

Guest cimanera

I believe nav lights generally go on when aircraft is under pilot control or basically any time the aircraft is powered and occupied. For example if the aircraft if parked for the night and is "cold&dark" = no nav lights. If cockpit is manned as in when pilots are powering up = nav lights on. Also I believe landing lights go on when cleared for take-off and are turned off after crossing 10,000ft on accent. On arrival the opposite is true-- Landing lights on when crossing below 10,000ft and turned off upon leaving landing runway.Strobes lights should turned on when cleared for take-off and turned off only when landed at destination and handed over to ground control.Hope this helps.

Guest Capt Speirs

Thank you all very much, I will give it all a try.Capt. Speirs