Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boone

B-1B Lancer link...

Guest Grunt

...on the Avsim front page...has anbody gotten it to work right?Great Lakes Express VAKDTW

Nope!:(Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I'm not sure what is up there, but this one works (for me anyway).http://www.mnm-fs.com/main.aspI've gotten into the downloads, but there must be so many people downloading that I'm only getting .5 KB/ second on my cable.

Man they should really upload these files to AVSIM. Their server is getting hammered! 24 bps = 4:19 mins to download the base file! LOL so by 8:00pm I should have it. Feels like the old days of my blazzin fast 14.4 dial up!

I got it but the VC is missing all of the textures, the aircraft won't takeoff, and the panel has a 3 inch blank spot at the bottom of the screen.Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

At MIL power, the B1 doesn't have enough thrust to get her off the ground. It will need afterburners. check the flight manual. julian

This package is not ready for "prime time". I can't believe it was released as ready. Hope it was just a snafu releasing the correct files!On their Web Site they say that they are an "up and coming" Pay Ware company and that they released this aircraft as an example of their quality. Hmmmmm..... Me thinks they have a really bad marketing strategy.Pete S. ==Near Oklahoma City==

Unfortunately the Military Power will not cure all of the other problems with this bird.Pete S. ==Near Oklahoma City==

As I stated in the other post there are things that I do not know about the flight dynamics of a real B1B but I have to say that these guys did one hell of a job. Things take time to fix, so nobody get all worked up and get all bent out of shape. Remember "IT IS JUST A GAME" :-beerchug

While I can understand your frustration, it's a simple mistake on our part. It will be ressolved.jd

Yes indeed, the textures are great on the outside for the most part, but the plane is very underpowered. Hoping a fix for the flight dynamics is available soon, or will have to ferry it down to Davis-Monthon AFB 'bone yard' for permanent storage.

Guest Grunt

I got it to work today.I like the bird. I took her for a flight from Nellis into the mountains with no problems. Looking forward to the corrected VC texture patch, but i am not complaining. I understand how complicated and frustrating a project can be when it comes to distribution. Keep up the good work JD!Great Lakes Express VAKDTW

Hello everyone,Like the rest of you, I could not wait to download the I^3D B-1B after seeing it last night on the AVSIM headlines. So as soon as I got to work this morning I downloaded it and burned it to my CD-RW (my company was gracious enough to upgrade our engineering computers to P4-2.4 GHz complete with CD-Rewriters and T1 connections). Being a big fan of heavy military iron, I rushed home to try it out...I won't repeat what others have already pointed out. Here are a few more observations:a) I was slightly irked that you cannot seem to control each of the four engines indendently (such as in a manual engine start-up) and had to resort to the auto start-up routine.:( No Autopilot? I thought this was a long range bomber.c) Though I could tune the NAV and COM radios (using the rather unsightly pop-up radio stack), there was no glideslope or localizer instrument that I could see. Am I to understand that this bird is VFR only?No one should take these above points as being mean spirited or sarcastic...I am simply taking the time to help improve what I feel will be a great addition to anyone's aircraft collection (once a few issues have been addressed). Ofcourse, I really was confounded by the flight model. With great difficulty, I managed to get the B-1B into the air, only to witness some of the most bizarre maneuvering I have ever seen any aircraft (virtual or real) perform. Anyway, I'll cut this droning report short. I'll be keeping a close watch for the patch. Until then, I guess this bird will make one pretty hangar queen...Cheers,Wildblue

A lot of what is being discussed here will be resolved by the new patch which will be available soon, We are doing our best to make this the best B1B ever made for FS2002. :-sun1http://www.mnm-fs.com/gerry.jpg

Guest Boone

She is indeed a beautiful and imposing looking model. The attention to detail is truly outstanding.Thank you I3D for giving it to us, and even if there are any remaining issues after the patch we can work together and continue to share information in order to make this rare FS download work right.I'm sure there are other panels available if this one isn't to anyone's liking?Best Regards,Boone