Sign in to follow this  
Abrupto

Help - Please look to the picture

Hi,Video card overheating or bad video drivers. Remove your computer cover and see if that helps for cooling.Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

Overheating will indeed cause issues as Jim mentioned. Also the card might be on its way out (hopefully not) One common problem depending on what card you have is, if the card has an on-board fan, I have seen cards where the bearings in the fan crap out, hence no cooling. I actually had one instance where a fan seperated from the card as well. Also mentioned are drivers. Did you change them before this started happening? I hope this helps.

Same as above, but thought I'd mention that using Adaptive AA can cause similar issues too, especially on older ATI cards.Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.12's6x EATM AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

Tanks for your help. The video card, ATI Radeon 9800 PRO, is water cooled and temps are ok. I did not change the drivers which are the Omega ones and were running well. What do you suggest me to do?Tanks and regardsAbrupto

I have found similar display problems in the past and they were due to badly designed scenery.

>I have found similar display problems in the past and they>were due to badly designed scenery.What do you mean by badly designed scenery? Can you be more specificRegardsAbrupto

HelloMy X850 XT does this if i use adaptive AA so i just use 6X AA and 16X anistropic and it works great at 1600x1200

Some time ago I experienced these problems of radiating rays and polygonswhile at an airport, (unfortunately I cannot remember which ) the problem wasresolved when the scenery was removed. (it wasn't payware).More recently I installed a freeware update for the payware versionof Barcelona Airport which added the new runways, taxiways, etc.Noticed while being on spot view that I was getting some polygons, etc,similar to yours. In this case I knew that the scenery update wasn't the problem since many users have added it without problems. So afterspending sometime rechecking the installation instructions and not getting anypositive results, I decided to uninstall the photoreal scenery for the area and hey presto problem no longer there.Now I'm not an expert on scenery but if on both ocassions removingsome scenery solved the problem it leads me to conclude that some sort of clash or incompatibility is taking place between sceneries. Alsomust note that my system and Video Card temperature worked flawlessly.Hope it helps.

This is due to poorly designed scenery. Either a ground scenery object or an AI aircraft causes this problem. If it has just occured, then you should work backwards to remove any new AI or scenery that you have loaded.It is not a video card issue, so removing the offending poorly designed object will solve the problem.I've had the same issue and I found that it was due to an AI aircraft.HTH,

Guest neslesman

"More recently I installed a freeware update for the payware versionof Barcelona Airport which added the new runways, taxiways, etc.Noticed while being on spot view that I was getting some polygons, etc,similar to yours. "Barcelona immediately crossed my mind when I read the OP. My one and only experience with this phenomena was a couple minutes out of Barcelona with a new scenery in the Marchetti 260 flying East along the coast toward the Pyrenees. I felt sick when I saw it but it has never occured anywhere else but always re-occurs in that patch of space. I liked the scenery so I have left it but just avoid that patch of space.