Sign in to follow this  
Guest kencr

FS2004 Flight Planner

Guest ewhitele

I have this same problem, but using a 3rd party planner doesn't solve it. I use super flight planner, probably not as advanced as some payware planners. I create the plans and export them to FS9. They simply won't load. I don't have this problem with most flights...only transatlantic ones. Any thoughts as to why this might be happening? Could I (or the default FS9) be missing navaids...esp in Canada?

If you would like to be as realistic as possible, get nat_v.4.0.zip from the avsim library. That adds data to FS9 which allows you to plan and operate your flights in North Atlantic airspace as close to the real world as possible.Everyone has a preference, but GPS direct across the Atlantic isn't acceptable in the real world and doesn't hack it on VATSIM either :).Jim Harnes

>If you would like to be as realistic as possible, get>nat_v.4.0.zip from the avsim library. That adds data to FS9>which allows you to plan and operate your flights in North>Atlantic airspace as close to the real world as possible.>>Everyone has a preference, but GPS direct across the Atlantic>isn't acceptable in the real world and doesn't hack it on>VATSIM either :).>>Jim HarnesJim is exactly correct. GPS direct is really a lack of flight planning.That is a cool link, to add NAT points to the FS9 planner!* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Very practical discussion (for me at least). One thing that I'm always fuzzy on when flight-planning for RC4 or VOX ATC is the altitudes choice enroute. Any comments please? Also in the FS9.pln the last entries in the wpt strings are 0.000000. Are those altitudes? Does anyone edit them manually?Thanks.

Guest PARADISE

Just a question that your thread has brought to mind regarding:...."Everyone has a preference,but GPS direct across the Atlantic isn't acceptable in the real world........How many out there actualy sit in front of their PC for the 7 to 10 hrs it takes to cross "the pond" in FS? Personnaly, if I load a long flight,I'll use GPS direct and let the PC fly the majority of the flight all by itself. Then as the flight comes to within 400 nm, or so, of my destination I'll re-file an IFR flight plan using the present position as my starting point and let FS build the proper airway routes to the destination. I either do this, or speed up the flight by 2 or 3x, but that isn't realistic either. I don't mind playing FS for 7 hrs straight, but I don't like looking at simulated water and clouds fot that long and the faster I can get to my destination the better.John M

Hi Ken,Firstly, CIVA INS is designed for Concorde - hence why the number of waypoints is limited to 9, just like the real aircraft.However, your suggestion about piecing a flight plan together for both sides of the pond isn't too far from a solution. The waypoints for the middle bit (the pond) can be determined each day from this website which shows the daily North Atlantic tracks. https://www.notams.jcs.mil/common/nat.htmlYou'll get a warning about the sites validity but entering it doesn't appear to be a problem. Just find the most suitable entry and exit point for your flight and you should be able to zoom in on the FS9 flight planner and drag the line to each lat/lon. Normally a new waypoint is added for each 10 degrees of longitude.As for flight levels try using the ones for the relevant track.If you need a quick translation...C DOGAL 54/20 53/30 52/40 51/50 DENDU CYMONEAST LVLS NILWEST LVLS 310 320 330 340 350 360 370 380 390This is Track Charlie. Entry point is DOGAL with waypoints at 54N 20W, 53N 30W, 52N 40W, 51N 50W, DEDNU and CYMON. It's a westerly track and suitable flight levels are FL310-390.Hope that helps.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

John,You want to fly long flights but don't want to spend hours in front of the screen. Fair enough but there is an alternative.Radar Contact has a autopilot who will take over the comms leaving you to do other things whilst it flies the aircraft. If can't change heading on 3rd party aircraft with their own autopilots / FMCs etc but in all other respects it has far more realism than the default ATC. And in all probability you wouldn't need to amend your filed plan.I've flown the pond several times and with Concorde the flight is less than 4 hours. Just enough time to get through a couple of sections of the Sunday heavies :-)No refiling flight plans, no time acceleration. Just pure realism :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest ewhitele

The file worked. Thanks for your help!