Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Don't you just hate FS9 and MS...

Ruined my Logitech Revolution almost once... Was so furious, was landing on 6hr flight, and CTD on approach, almost threw the mouse into the wall. 100

A simple methodical approach would lower your blood pressure and save you doctor bills. Instead of focusing on getting though your flight, focus on troubleshooting the problem.1 - You should be trying to figure out the location where FS9 gives you the OOM errors. My experience has been that it will occur in the exact same areas every single time. On my system it was the area between Boston and Putnam Mass...only flying from Europe to the USA.2 - You first should try the flight WITHOUT GEPro as this seems to be your only scenery texture add-on. Also have you updated GEPro to the latest version?Nope, I don't hate MS or FS9 because the fault lies with neither, it lies with one of your add-ons and Microsoft didn't make them.

Guest PARADISE

I too used to get unexplainable CTD's in certain areas under certain flight conditions. Flying west to east over Idaho,...flying into Atlanta from the west,...or anywhere near Frankfurt,Germany used to cause CTD's about 80% of the time. I never found out why, but about one year ago I had some problems with Windows XP and ran the Repair disc that comes with the program. Before I did this I uninstalled all none Windows programs, including FS9 of course. After reinstalling everything just like I had it before repairing Windows I have yet to have a CTD under any condition in FS9. I do use a lot of a/c add-ons but very little else except for mesh and weather.So I can't blame FS9, nor MS for causing CTD's. Since the re-install I have kept my PC "cleaner" then I used too. I do weekly Registery cleaning, delete any program that I do not need and de-frag consistently. Maybe that did it....maybe not. But, it's working fine for me.......for now.John M

Mike, thanks for your suggestion, I already started suspecting GEPro. Right now I am doing installs, one by one, and testing in between. Sooner or later it will pop up again and then I will know.Only thing I know is, it is not an aircraft and it is not FSGenesis mesh. Those never caused ANY problems. Only recent stuff. Though I also had many successful flights with GEPro. Will test some more...

Word Not Allowed:What I did find is that GEPro doesn't play nicely sometimes. I don't get the OOM issues anymore but I used a tool to go though all of the scenery files (FSSCNERY, I think) and make sure they were all fine. At one point I unistalled GEPRO and installed BEV and flew over the same area and I had no issue (hmmm.). I also tried GEPRO without FSGENESIS Mesh and I still had the CTD due to OOM. Also, upgrading my video driver also seemed to make GEPRO less blurry in very dense areas. I'm currently flying back from EGKK to KEWR and have to fly over the usual area that cause my old OOM error so we shall see if I get the error again since I've long since loaded back all of my addons including GEPRO. Good luck though!

GEPro and FE passed the test.Search goes on...

Found the pesky bugger!!!!It was the new Sandon Lyon Real Sky V3 Extra Edition. Load that one into the system, and it takes 45min for FS to grow from a normal load of 550-600mb of load to 1100mb and eventually crash with OOM. No matter what aircraft.

Guest MD11ME

I to had this problem also.........then i read some pc tweaking tips found in this forum somewhere cant remember where! what i did was increased my virtual memory! I guess pc's at defualt dont perform at there full potential and virtual memory being a key setting that is set low by defualt so windows has room to run multiple apps. I set mine from defualt like 600 or something to 3100 and everything from fs2004 to general apps run faster....I dont know try it and see what happens.....worked for me!AMD ATHLON 3200+60 GB HARD DRIVEATI X700 256MB2 GB RAMEVERYTHING MAXED OUT AND WITH COMPLEX ADD-ON'S (PMDG 747) I AM STILL GETIING 30+FPS

Thanks for your suggestion, although I must say, I was running FS without ANY swapping since I had 2gb. And it crashed ONLY if I would exaggerate with other programs. If I would keep it to the minimum while flying, no problem whatsoever. My FS keeps it usage at around 550-700mb max when flying, depending what scenery and what aircraft. So with 2gigs of RAM, it MUST go through. If it ain't, well then there's an error somewhere. Simple as that.

Just for your info, since it seems like you found the culprit, another thing that can cause memory leaks in FS9 is Landclass bgls in a scenery that includes textures. They should be in folders that only have a scenery sub folder.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d