Sign in to follow this  
Guest mattriggins

GPS AND Weather Gauge????

Guest mattriggins

Anyone know of a good GPS/Weather Radar combo software BESIDES the SimFlyer MFD WX?which is at http://www.simflyer.net/mfdwx.htmlThe reason I ask is my sim (http://www.mycessnasim.com) uses a 2nd screen (a 7" svideo TV) for my GPS and because of FS2004 I have to drop a gauge half way off the screen, close it, open it again (Which makes it pop to the smaller screen) and then resize on the smaller screen. The problem with the SimFlyer MFD WX is that while you can (in game) resize the GPS window, you can't (in game) resize the weather radar overlay bitmap that it lays on top of the GPS window. Since I can't resize in game, it's useless to me. If anyone has any other ideas, thoughts or places to check out, please reply!

Guest JTEK99

I wish I could help, but the SimFlyer combo is the only one that I know of as well.On a related note, I just want to complement on your most excellent website (mycessnasim.com). Your slideshows and commentary are impeccable and really explained the building process for your Skyhawk sim. Really a great site for anyone else who has dreamed of building their own sim-cockpit. Fantastic work.

Guest mattriggins

>I wish I could help, but the SimFlyer combo is the only one>that I know of as well.>>On a related note, I just want to complement on your most>excellent website (mycessnasim.com). Your slideshows and>commentary are impeccable and really explained the building>process for your Skyhawk sim. Really a great site for anyone>else who has dreamed of building their own sim-cockpit. >Fantastic work.Thank you for your wonderful comment! My goal has always been to show the process of building the sim and to provide as much info out there to the flight sim community about the various sites to look into for information on hardware, software, forums and information. Aside from the website I started the blog recently at http://mycessnasim.blogspot.com/ to get all those tidbits of info out there more quickly. Lots of tweaks and stuff and it seems now the blog is the way to effectivly post the information. (besides a forum which isn't really necessary for my site, that's why we have avsim haha)It's a great hobby and I hope that as we all spread the word more people will be able to get into it. Thanks again!