Sign in to follow this  
Guest tappy

Screen saving problems...

Guest tappy

Hi, Could someone please post a link pointing to a freeware screen saver that works in full screen, on a nVidia 256mb 7500 GT graphics card. Pressing "Prt Sc" key does nothing. I knew I could on my old computer rig. Since upgrading, have not been able to save screen shots, in full screen or windowed mode. The only other thing that might have a bearing on this problem is I now use a wireless keyboard, most of the function keys work eg :- Web/Mail/refresh and multi media keys. thanx to all the helpful simmers out there that have helped me in the past....Regards Peter.Rig spec'sAMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual-core 4200+ASUS A8N-SLI M/BWindows XP Media Centre EditionnVidia 256 7500 GT G/C

Hey there Peter,I'm not sure what your problem is but by pressing "shift + Prt Screen" you in fact "copy" the screen contents, your system then waits for you to "paste" it somewhere. The only thing you then have to do is to open any picture (or Photo) processing program and right click your mouse where you expect the picture to appear. Point to the "paste" in the small window which then appears and left click your mouse. You screen contents will then appear. You can then remove the Windowed part and "Save as" etc.RegardsHans

Guest tango papa

D/L Snap Shooter 2007, available in the library here. It should take care of your problem. Snap Shooter can be set-up to capture screen shots in various sizes, and include time and date as well. Be sure to install the Addon package.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Or FS Screen which I use with success and enjoyment.I can take as many shots as my HD is able to contain.Then, after the flight, I delete bad stuff and save the best ones.Best regards,Rafal

I've used GrabClipSave for a number of years, which has worked perfectly with both FS2002 and FS9. You can save in multiple formats and image resolutions. Just google for it.;)

Guest tappy

Hi all, Thanx for your swift replies, after trying your suggestions i finally found one that works, without using keys that are already used by other add on's. eg: FSnavigator (F9 key) and the (Alt key) that freezes the screen. I wanted to save on the fly. "FS Screen" kept on crashing to desktop, "Grab Clip Save" used the F9 key. Hans, thanx for your input, I didn't know about Alt+PrtSc but that would only save one screen at a time. I finally discovered "FS Capture" by Fast Store. which uses the (Prt Sc) key and stores the screen shots to file as many time's as you like. Again, I would like to thank you all for your help. Regards Peter.

Guest tappy

>I assume you meant Fast Stone>http://www.faststone.org/download.htm - I use all their image>programs and in my opinion they are by far the best freeware>ones of that type available. Yes, I Do mean Fast Stone, Whoops.....Sorry, Bill. Best regards, Peter.

Guest dan9125

Hi all, Just downloaded Faststone, works great. Is there any freeware that will do video? I tried Fraps but it only does 30 seconds then shuts off. Thought about buying it but just wondered if there was anything else out there. Thanks, Dan