Sign in to follow this  
Guest saturno_v

Best freeware AI traffic for impact on FPS?? ProjectAI or World of AI???

Guest saturno_v

What is the best in terms of performance of the two?? I heard someone saying ProjectAI planes are better and others, instead, saying that World of AI birds are better and even better looking too.I'm already OK with the level of detail of Project AI planes, what it concern me the most is the FPS....I would like to have the lighest impact as possible.....what is your experience with these packages??I'm interested in these two because they are easy to install (I do not want to spend too much time installing manually) and they have lots of airlines and planes.......there are other similar packages other than these two that i'm no aware of??? I'm interested in "worldwide" traffic packages, not specific for a particular area.Thanks in advance for your advice!!Regards

World of AI uses various models, including Project AI too.So, actually this stuff is the best you can get.Mostly a mixture of PAI/FSP, AI Aardvark.I've been using them for a long time and I'm really happy with them.Best regards,Rafal

Guest ArtieLange

PAI are the worst planes, both in looks and fps. Aardvark, Evolve, and CDAI not only look much better than PAI but you get better fps with them.

>Evolve, and CDAITrue about them, I've got tones of Evolve's airbuses and they're really cool!>PAI are the worst planesWell, frankly I did not experience any significant problems with them, although my sliders are 100% to the right.Yet, maybe I'd have to do more experimenting.But... how do you get MD-11s, 772s, A330s, A340s, and some other AI planes NOT from PAI/FSP?Best regards,Rafal

In general, newer AI models have more LOD and fewer polygons than older models. Plus some of the newest have advanced animations and features - like ground chocks, flaps lowered for takeoff, etc.PAI has a few newer models and is adding more. WoA tends to have access to the lastest models in most cases.Only about 30-40% of their lineup of airlines is duplicated - and when it is, I choose the flight plan which is the most up to date.You need both to have the best freeware.FPS is not primarily a function of whose AI package you use, but of the total number of polygons you are trying to display.The more polyogns, i.e. the more aircraft, the more powerful computer it takes to run them.A huge impact upon many people's FPS with AI traffic is the lack of parking at airports. Basically, every AI aircraft you have in your schedules without a parking spot is going to hurt your performance.At Heathrow (EGLL) you may only have 200 or so AI aircraft in view, but another 700-800 can be active, and if they do not have sufficient parking at other London area airports - you are going to have stutters and bad performance.

Guest ArtieLange

>>Evolve, and CDAI>True about them, I've got tones of Evolve's airbuses and>they're really cool!>>>PAI are the worst planes>Well, frankly I did not experience any significant problems>with them, although my sliders are 100% to the right.>Yet, maybe I'd have to do more experimenting.>>But... how do you get MD-11s, 772s, A330s, A340s, and some>other AI planes NOT from PAI/FSP?>>Best regards,>Rafal>I'll use an Evolve DC 10 for an MD 11, but sometimes you have no choice but to use PAI. The Dash 8 is the one that kills me, at a place like KSEA all my AI traffic is Aadvark, Evolve and CDAI, except the dash 8. If you go to a busy airport with traffic at 100 percent with all PAI planes, then try again with the other planes and no PAI you will notice an fps increase. I use utlimate traffic and replaced most of the PAI planes, once you start doing this the difference in fps and looks becomes obvious.

Guest tpower

Hi, like Reggie said!I'd start with WoAI then augment with PAI, RATS etc. I find little FPS problem with the old PAI packages frankly. Like Reggie said, a good AFCAD will open up the gates and allow traffic to flow. I myself removed most of the military AI I had. Say you're flying from London to Newcastle and flying over several Mil bases... If you have active Mil traffic that will add scores of aircraft to be read and you will take a big hit. With the latest CPUs and cards I wouldn't worry too much about FPS and traffic if you're staying with FS9. Your next rig will run everything maxed out. Furthermore, the PAI resources are invaluable to me for my own hand-made traffic. If you are willing to compromise for the moment, then just lower the scenery density and let the CPU run traffic.Cheers,Tosh