Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimmer

fs9 problem

Guest jimmer

hiwhen i have been using real world weather from fs9 engine my aircraft always turn very sharply to the left even at 5knots winds it even happens in a 737 and 747 i have unistalled fs9 and reistalled it and the problem is still there i have never had this problem before can anyone helpthanks in advance jimmer

Guest wji

Do you have FSUIPC installed?

Guest jimmer

hi yes i have the latest version of fsuipc and still the problem is there thanks in advance

Guest PARADISE

>hi>when i have been using real world weather from fs9 engine my>aircraft always turn very sharply to the left even at 5knots>winds it even happens in a 737 and 747 i have unistalled fs9>and reistalled it and the problem is still there i have never>had this problem before can anyone help>>thanks in advance >jimmerDo you mean during ground operations? If so,check your settings on your joystick/controller...you may need to calibrate them for steering. If this happens while your flying then I don't know what could be causing it. Unless your rudder settings are out of calibration.John M

Guest jimmer

hiyes the problem only occurs while on the ground it is fine while in the air i will check the joystick settings nowthanks in advance

Guest jimmer

hi again i have tried that and all the joystick has been calibrated and should be working correctly but still turns when using real world weather.thanks for your help so far jimmer

Guest chipsi66

I had a similar problem in both FS9 & FSX (at the same time) in which my aircraft would not turn to the right while on the ground.I just rebooted my computer and the problem was solved. Hope it works for you.

Guest over and out

Do you have Flight Pedals? I just purchased the Saitek Flight Pedals. After setting them up I noted that when on the ground when I pushed to turn left the left spoiler and aileron would trigger causing my plane to steer uncontrollably to the left, this happened in the air also. I also noticed that the only way to get the spoiler and aileron back was to use the joystick (Saitek X45). So I went through the settings and it turned out that somehow the left toe break and pedal was assigned to the spoiler and aileron control. The only way to get rid of the conflict was to totally delete the rudder control from the X45 joystick assignment.In short check your joystick and or pedal assignments?

Guest jimmer

hi again i just checked flight sim again and i watched the aircraft controls like the aileron and the aileron where in the normal position and the front wheel was in normal position thanks for your help so far its much apprectiedjimmer

Guest wji

If this ground steering anomaly occurred at all times I'd submit it's the joystick has gone south but since you state it's related only to RW/WX, I don't have a clue -- other than FSUIPC and its settings.I've flown FS since FS4 and still have three other installations on separate computers in this room; EVERYTIME I've experienced FS steering anomalies it's been a worn-out joystick (yes, they do wear out, eventually) and having three other joysticks to test with, it's easy to isolate this most-common problem.Hope this helps.

Guest over and out

Also, make sure you are starting up the new flight and the auto pilot is off. For some reason I have started flights before and the auto pilot is on. So soon as you start to roll the plan will start turning toward a different heading. This drove me crazy till I noticed this.I have no idea why, but this has happened to me on occasion.Start you flight, make sure you auto pilot is off...

Guest jimmer

hi againhi have truied fs9 without the joystick and just used the keyboard and the aircraft still turned to the left also i checked the autopilot and that is turned of by the way when i install fs9 again it onlys says copying files and not installing files even no i have deleted the fs9 folder any more ideas on what has gone wrongthnks in advance jimmer

Hi Jimmer,Ok, so when you used the keyboard only did you unplug the joystick? What type of joystick and rudder are you using? Someone mentioned above that joysticks wear out and in my case I have to replace the Z-Axis Potentiometer on my throttle and I am encountering steering problems at the moment. The hardware is very sensative and it can affect performance after a while.Good luck,

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest jimmer

hi again when i used the keyboard i did unplug the joystick. the joystick im am using is the mircosft sidewinder joystick also what is the z axis Potentiometer thanks for your helpjimmer