Sign in to follow this  
moss1

CLS DC-10

Hey everyone, I noticed CLS released the DC-10. Has anyone gotten her yet? If so, how is it overall. FDE, soundset, graphics, and computer performance in the VC? I am working on a video and would like to add this DC-10, as it looks pretty nice. Thanks for your input.

Sales must be very low on this product. Usually there is always alot of hoopla here when a new release comes. That's ashame. The CLS forums have hardly any posts either in reference to this product since the release. I guess I'm holding off for a while till I see feedback as I am wondering if this is worth it or not now??

Well folks, I went and purchased the DC-10 this evening. I will post when I get the chance to run a short hop. Man, I was really suprised after alot of views that no one commented on this product. Of course, I was curious as usual, and had to find out for myself anyway, so after I get that flight in, who knows when that'll be... I will start a new thread if it will help others make the decision wether to get it or not. Have a great night everyone.

Guest blaster331

Greetings Jeff,I have been watching this thread also with great surprise that nobody including myself has purchased this bird.Makes me wonder about CLS which I know nothing about.I would be very interested in your views.Thank you for taking the plungeBest regardsAndrew

Guest PARADISE

I have several of CLS' products and have absolutely no complaints about them. They make fine "lite" aircraft, meaning they have enough features to keep it realistic, yet it doesn't require 45min to set up a flight (ie-loading FMS, going through all the checks, etc.) I've done enough of that in real life and have no desire to sit and " pre-flight " my PC for a sim flight.The aircraft are a blast to fly, (airfiles seem to be written to real life specs) and look and sound great. I'm sure this DC-10 will be of the same quality. I have no need for another "heavy" in my hanger at the moment, but when I do I'm sure this one will be on top of my list.John M

Hi,Since I am a "diesel analog" a really excited user (don

Staffan

Good morning folks, I took a short circuit around KSEA last night. I departed RW34R up to PAE VOR and circled back south past Tacoma Narrows and back to RW34L approach. The CLS product line is designed with a simple approach in mind as most of you know. Alot of the systems are setup so the casual simmer can jump in and fly without 3 days of manual reads. CTRL E will even start her up without problem. I did not read the manual with this product yet. I had trouble finding the Main Battery switch, so I ended up doing the Ol' Shift M. I also did not play with the FMS as of yet. From what I've read, a simple approach was taken here as well. It will read flight plans within the FS9 engine. The AC handles very nice. I never used the autopilot and had no trouble maintaining speed or altitude/attutide. I have never flown a real DC-10, but it was neat how when in a turn if you let go of the yoke, the plane would gradually self center. The FDE has a nice heavy feel as well. The soundset is very good. The only bugaboo I found with my system was certain sound triggers caused a slight hiccup like flaps and gear. Nothing that was a show stopper though. The exterior textures are great, and I believe they are 32bit, yet have very little impact on my system which is rare. The interior VC is not a FPS hog. I was very suprised. You can see in areas, like the rear panel where CLS decided to make the textures more low res to save performance. But who is looking behind the seat when flying the whole time. The overhead panel is limited as far as what's clickable. Again, let me say that this is not meant to be a complex add on like LevelD/PMDG/etc. The overall experience was enjoyable however. The install was easy, but may be confusing for some. There is a Livery installer that has to be downloaded seperately, which I did not realize until I read a PDF with the product. The main installer comes on the screen saying for FSX, but it will give an option to install into FS9 later. The directory was located automatically in my case after selecting FS9. In order to install the manuals however, you need to run the installer again and select documents. The first time around, it will not let you select both the plane and documents which I thought was strange, but this is how it was designed I guess. The livery installer does not detect the path automatically, and upon looking, it is not clear where to install them as there are different variants of the DC-10. I ended up installing the textures into a temp folder, then taking each model by its type textures and placing them in the proper AC folders by variant. The plus side here is, the aircraft cfgs are already complete, so you don't have to mess with them at all. Like I said, I only took one short flight, so when I do get more time, I will post more, as I'm sure others will as well. Over all, the CLS DC-10 is a nice simple product that anyone will be able to handle without alot of reading. Oh, I forgot, there is a hidden switch that allows access to panels and an option to turn wingviews on and off. I hope this helps everyone.

I'm just curious how it stacks up to the SGA model? Seems there are a ton of really high quality repaints for it and I have some great sounds and a nice 2D panel for it. What would make me pay for a lite VC?Hornit

>I'm just curious how it stacks up to the SGA model? Seems>there are a ton of really high quality repaints for it and I>have some great sounds and a nice 2D panel for it. What would>make me pay for a lite VC?>>HornitThe SGA model definitely looks much better and like a real DC-10, whereas the CLS' nose and cockpit window area look kind of airbuslike.So I'd like to use the CLS cockpit but with SGA's model for the looks, but the problem is merging the two means loosing the VC.Roland