Sign in to follow this  
Guest jbm_4

AI Flight Creator

Guest jbm_4

HI all, Ok, I download AI Flight Creator to create a little traffic at my local airport.( if any one knows of a different or better program to do this, let me know). I'm trying to add a second leg to the first on with AI Flight Creator. How do I know when to start it? The program doesn't tell me the arrivial time from the first leg, so how can I know when to start the second one?Thanks

I don't think there's any way to know the exact arrival time of leg #1 using AI Flight Creator other than doing a manual speed/distance computation, adding a few minutes for good measure, a few more minutes for taxi time and parking, and beginning the next leg of the flight at that point.I do know that Traffic Tools (which AI Flight Creator uses to compile the flight plans it creates) will insert the correct arrival time for each leg into the FlightPlans.txt file when it compiles the flight plans. How to make use of that in AI Flight Creator, I don't know.I'd recommend downloading TTools by itself and reading the ReadMe.htm that comes with it. It's the best source of info out there on AI flight plans in my opinion. It shows you how to create a set of plans manually with a text editor and use TTools to compile it. Personally, after trying virtually every traffic generator app out there, I found I prefer to write flight plans manually with Notepad.Jim

Hi, I just discovered and tried AI Flight Creator this week and Jim is correct that T.Tools will insert the arrival time (this is addressed in the accompaning readme file). I had also resorted to writing my own plans due to the lack of a simple, easy to use plan generator, but I have found this, along with the AIPF Utilities to be one of the easiest and most effective I have tried. For programming realistic traffic at my local airport, I looked at departure/arrival logs reported at Flightaware.com, which will give you the arrival times for specific flights. I add approximately 20-30 minutes for turnaround time. Hope it helps.My thanks to Dave Westbury who developed these excellent freeware utilities.Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.12's6x EATM AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

Guest jbm_4

I think that AI flight Creator is mostly for creating airline flight plans, since you know the next departing time. In 2002, there was a great program just for making simple traffic, I forget what is was call, a guy called Thomas I think made it. Anyways, is AI flight creator the only one out there? Is there one that is really designed just for creating local traffic, not a flightplan?

Another one I played with and liked is yRoute. Check it out here:http://www.spacejock.com/yRoute.htmlI don't know if it'll do anything that AI Flight Creator won't do, can't really remember. It seemed like a useful app though and may be worth a look. One thing I didn't like about it was that if you manually add any comments to your source files it will throw an error when you try to load the flightplans. I like to add comments to the airports.txt and aircraft.txt. Example; I probably wont remember what airport "57S" is just by the ICAO designation, so I like to add a comment at the end of the line like this:57S ,N48* 28.81',W115* 54.21',2014 //Troy, MtTTools itself has no problem with this, but yRoute chokes on it. I keep yRoute installed because of it's capability to create a temporary aircraft.txt which contains every installed aircraft. I then copy & paste the aircraft I want to use into my "real" aircraft.txt which saves me searching through aircraft.cfg's for titles and cruise speeds, etc.---------------------------------------AITM (AI Traffic Mover) is another one worth a look. It is quite a powerful (and complicated) editor with some useful error checking functions. Check it out here:http://www.molitor-home.de/FS/AITM/---------------------------------------Traffic Changer is another you may want to look at:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...hor=&CatID=root---------------------------------------Of all I tried, I liked Dave Westbury's AI Flight Creator best, and I must admit that I haven't tried out the new release yet. It seems every app has a certain function that makes it valuable to keep installed :) .Jim