Sign in to follow this  
out

Flight Ontario and CYYZ

Gentlemen,has anyone tried to use Flight Ontario's Greater Toronto together with recent gorgeouus freeware CYYZ scenery?How about their compatibility?And the overall impressions?Is it worth to install Flight Ontario without having UT installed (I've got only the European version).Maybe some Canadians here? ;)Best regards,Rafal

I have both and the integration is seemless. A few, if not all of the designers also work with F.O. One cool thing about the new YYZ is the integration of real-world buildings around the perimeter.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorLogitech Extreme 3D pro Joystickhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpghttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Thanks, Dave!Are you using Ultimate Terrain for Canada too?Best regards,Rafal

Guest tango papa

I would recommend adding UT-Canada/Alaska. Go to Flight Canada, and find their suggestions for setting up the options in UT. It works well with several other add-ons without problems.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Yes Rafal I am. One thing to mention about UT and FO's Toronto scenery. If you fly during the day make sure the Toronto scenery is above UT in the scenery library. If you fly at night reverse the positions. That way UT's night lighting can be seen.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorLogitech Extreme 3D pro Joystickhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpghttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Guest Dan G Martin

Hi there Rafal,yes you can use both Dennis's CYYZ and our Toronto scenery add-ons with out haveing UT installed but the placement of some of the runways and models might not alwways line up with the default terrain.Like others have said in other posts if at all possable try to get UT for Canada as our secenery was designed to be used with UT.In addition to Toronto you might want to download our Hamilton Ont(CYHM) scenery as well as it extends our coverage to the west of the Toronto area and adds several more fully modeled airports and a large number of landmarks as well. Hope this is of some help to you. Dan Martin Team Flight Ontario.

Tango Papa, Dave and Dan!Thank you very much, Gentlemen, for your precious information.I've just finished installing everything. Now it's time to make a transatlantic hop and then enjoy flights between Toronto and great AES-supported airports of Boston and Seattle.Hats off to Ontario Team as well as Dennis Di Franco.Hopes someone makes Montreal, Vancouver and Halifax projects of this quality one day too.Best regards,Rafal3779nm/4349miles/7000km from Toronto

Guest Dan G Martin

Thank you for the kind remarks Rafal I know that Dennis put a lot into CYYZ and it shows. As for other areas in Canada like Vancouver and Halifax you never know as the fine people at CanUk scenery might one day do-up Halifax (the Mosher brothers did CYHZ for FS 2002)And I just might do CYVR one day. ;-) Dan Martin Team Flight Ontario