Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Flightzone 02 Portland

Is the best ever scenery I have ever seen for flightsim.I thought that the VFR scenery for FSX from Horizon was good but this knocks it into a 'cocked hat' for realism and detail.I bought it last week on the strength of watching 'Jeff Greth's' video of flying the little Dornier D0-27 there. http://chicago054.server4free.de/jeff/movi...undPortland.wmvI got the Dornier first and was in awe of it's realism and feel and then promised myself I would be back for the scenery and can only say in my opinion if I never bought any more scenery this is the one I will never tire of flying within.Thanks to Stephane and Patrice for Portland and to Digital Aviation for that lovely Dornier. These two have 'upped' the benchmark in flightsim.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Try Glacier Bay. I agree that Portland is fantastic. I've been there many times and it is a great rendition.

I picked up the Dornier & Portland scenery the same day, thanks to that video! :D Yes! That airport scenery is simply fantastic, as it presents a very crisp picture from low altitudes to much higher. Just gotta love coming in over the fence as the vehicles roll by on the country road at Hillsborough! I really enjoy FSX too, but it's scenery such as this, that keeps FS9 on the hard drive!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/169175.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/169176.jpgL.Adamson

>Try Glacier Bay. I agree that Portland is fantastic. I've>been there many times and it is a great rendition.I agree, it's a lot of fun and very interesting scenery too! A lot of area to fly in!L.Adamson

Nice pics Larry ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest JeanLuc_

"I really enjoy FSX too, but it's scenery such as this, that keeps FS9 on the hard drive!"I like this one Larry! it is also because the market asked so loud to have higher pixel resolution for ground sceneries, with so many acclaimed mega-scenery type of products, that FSX was not designed to support the capabilities that makes possible to build a scenery like Portland. This is why it is also scenery such as this that keeps FS9 on the hard drive, but more so, can't see light in FSX at all (for now, and I don't even think SP1 or SPxx will change the matter).

Great airport...one of the best but too small of service area with aircraft like the 737/CRJ-200's and limited or no Jumbo-jet service! :-(

>Great airport...one of the best but too small of service area>with aircraft like the 737/CRJ-200's and limited or no>Jumbo-jet service! :-( FYI 'Portland' is not just AN airport it's scenery that has literally lifted the bar and I will not be buying any other scenery that isn't the same quality as this..........And you get a FREE update when it's altered for use within FSX.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Portland handles MD11's and 767's. Easily big enough for larger jets.I agree, great scenery. The best I've seen. The detail is unmatched.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

You're way off on this one. Portland handles many aircraft larger than the diminuitive 737. 757's and 767's abound.

>Not to hijack, but now, with the same hi-fps-at-hi-detail>genius, Stephane is building an A320! :-jumpy>>regards,>Mark>http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpg>PC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB AudigyYes and it's the one I'm waiting for too.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest dpc

That's the great thing about this series. FZ01 and 02 both have a single large commerical airport and several surrounding GA airports. This coupled with great detailed scenery around the group of airports, they are perfect addons for both heavy and GA lovers alike.

>"I really enjoy FSX too, but it's scenery such as this, that>keeps FS9 on the hard drive!">>I like this one Larry! it is also because the market asked so>loud to have higher pixel resolution for ground sceneries,>with so many acclaimed mega-scenery type of products, that FSX>was not designed to support the capabilities that makes>possible to build a scenery like Portland. This is why it is>also scenery such as this that keeps FS9 on the hard drive,>but more so, can't see light in FSX at all (for now, and I>don't even think SP1 or SPxx will change the matter).For my personal taste, well done scenery areas such as Portland and Glacier Bay look great using FS9. For all those other thousands of square miles, especially in the mountain west of the U.S. where I sim fly, I much prefer FSX for it's high res default textures. It's a compromise, any way I look at it! :D L.Adamson