Sign in to follow this  
Guest PowderBlue

The results are in!

Guest PowderBlue

Now that most of you have had a chance to get to know your Maddog 2006 what do you think of it? Personally I'm in love with it and I'm really happy about the purchase. I have not put it down and it truly is a joy to fly. I would say the only thing I'm not sold on is the sounds based on the fact that you can here the loop and I think it really doesn't quite do the JT engines justice as far as a roar goes. But let me know what you think.

Guest Pilot533

It is indeed a great product. I've been flying it every day for the past week. BTW about the sounds, they represent the sound of the jt8d from the flight deck very very well. Do not expect to hear any "roar" as when sitting right behind the wing in the passenger cabin.

Guest Jeff Berman

Two big thumbs up, no major complaints whatsoever. I have not flown anything else since the release either, I learn something new everytime I go up for a flight in this MadDog. :-beerchug

Guest SilverCircle

Great product. The depth of systems modeling and attention to detail is awesome and can compete with the very best addons available.The only major problem (ils/loc autoland bug) has been fixed within a few days after release. The (few) other issues are already work in progress, according to the devs.Worth every cent, in my opinion. Currently, my favorite short/medium range airliner for MSFS.

1) So far so good.2) Great support in the forum.On the debit side:1) No virtual cockpit2) Doesn't (yet) work with Active Camera3) Throttles don't work well with fsuipc. ricardo

.....And TrackIR 4 is no use either!!What an expensive bummer?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest SilverCircle

>.....And TrackIR 4 is no use either!!So what? You knew that before you purchased it, because the product was announced without a VC and it was said the VC will come as a free upgrade later.If that was a big problem for you, why did you purchase it?The issue with active camera not working is a bug and the devs already said they will fix it (they even purchased AC for this purpose).

Great plane love the systems and detail one top add on joins the top :-)Only missing my beloved VC I really hate 2d but that's more me lolThis one I'm flying from 2d that says a lot...Few items to solve on the very small bug list.Can't wait for the VC hope it will be fully functional then this aircraft will be a dream aircraft for me and used with only a very select few in a very special hangar ;-)First would skip this one but glad I didn't...Andr

André

How's the new maddog on the frames. I have a AMDXP3000+ (2.1Ghz) 1 Gig of RAM and a 6600GT 256 Graphics card. Can anyone enlighten me/us on that aspect?Thanks,Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

My system is very similar to yours Rob as I'm also curious about the frame rates and smoothness. Boy, once they get that VC added I'll definitely pick up the MD06. Blake

Blake

Not releasing an addon aircraft without a virtual cockpit in 2007 is a major omission. Most flightsimmers don't like promises, since this community is littered with addon developers promising then not delivering. 1) The previous (vc) version of the Maddog was supposed to be made compatible with the JCA models. Nothing. 2) Igfly promised a virtual cockpit for their Tupolev. Nothing. 3) On November 10 of last year, Flight Factory Simulations promised upgrades and improvements to their Saab 340. As of today,nothing. Keep in mind that I and many other simmers paid good money for the aforementioned addons, so statements like "We're working on it," or "Will be released in 2007" are a little less than satisfying. ricardo

Ricardo, stop the whining, start answering questions.This discussion has already been done in another thread. Moreover you're boring.Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Is it really that bad to have an opposing viewpoint here? On one level I agree, I really think its a shame that such a sophisticated simulation doesn't have a VC. However, I would think that these guys would keep to their promise because they seem like the type that would.

I've had the Maddog for about a week now, and I really like it. Good support, too. However, I found it a bit heavy on the framerates on my P4 (Northwood) 3.4, X800 XL system, even at default airports with no AI traffic. I upgraded my vidcard to a 7600 GT, and now it's playable, even at add-on airports like KLAX and KPDX. I couldn't care less about the promised VC, as I prefer 2D pits for airliners anyway, and I'm not sure my aging system could handle the additional framerate hit. Solid job by the Maddog/Leonardo crew.John G.

John G.