Sign in to follow this  
Guest PowderBlue

The results are in!

Guest Pilot533

Yes it is a bit heavy on fps, im sure they are working on it though because there are quite a few posts about it on the forum. And btw, dont come down on ricardo for being realistic, They are an honorable group and I think they will do as promised, but being naive is never good.

I also enjoy theMD 2006. Great piece of software. Have not had any major issues so far.I wish for the price they done a better job on the repaints. But I'm sure someone with a lot more talent than me will come up with better repaints.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

>>.....And TrackIR 4 is no use either!!>>So what? You knew that before you purchased it, because the>product was announced without a VC and it was said the VC will>come as a free upgrade later.>>If that was a big problem for you, why did you purchase it?>>The issue with active camera not working is a bug and the devs>already said they will fix it (they even purchased AC for this>purpose).>I'm confused - Where in my post did I say I had PURCHASED it? Get a grip mate eh?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest SilverCircle

>I'm confused - Where in my post did I say I had PURCHASED it?>Get a grip mate eh?Your whining about the missing VC implied that. Otherwise there isn't any reason to complain about the omitted VC, because:a) it was announced to be released w/o a vc.:( the VC will be added at a later time, free of charge (I cannot remember, how often this has already been said).

Just got it. After getting past the convoluted registration process, I like it. I also prefer the Flight1 way of registering products better. JimCYWG

Another satisfied customer here!A few more comments:- I've a P4-2.6 with 1GB and a 6600GT (i.e. nothing fancy these days). Frames are 20+, and numbers aside, are perfectly acceptable to my eyes- Cockpit "clickology" is outstanding. Startup tests etc. etc. are fantastic. I would say a definite step up on the LDS (I don't own the PMDG747 so can't comment)- In cockpit visuals are outstanding. Exterior visuals seem great to me, but I don't spend much time out there so...- I love the Coolsky MD, but this is materially better in my view- FMC implementation does not "seem" as polished as the LDS, and requires a bit more fussing with files, but it's plenty well developed and implemented and the necessary utilities are included and work well. There are currently some slightly flaky bits with VNAV DESC, which are under discussion with the developer, but they are not material (in my opinion) to current enjoyment.- The config/load manager is tops, and includes an integrated fuel planner, route planner, livery and config selector etc. It seems you have to start fresh from the desktop each time, and there's a poorly described trick about a "default flight" that you need to use (or there's a different poorly described trick I haven't found yet!), but it works great and is more a case of it being "different" than I'm used to, not "bad" in any way.- I understand there's an issue with FSUICP and calibrating throttle axis' only. I don't have a CH Quadrant thingy (just a single axis throttle) so unchecking a box was all it took for me. This *may* vary for others. - well implemented interaction with flight crew and ground crew, incl. passenger boarding announcements, takeoff announcements, well implemented push-back, etc. Very immersive.- very detailed tutorial.- I make 1-2 hour flights typically. The MD is the "right" size for this (always seemed "wrong" to me to buy the Queen just to hop about).I like having a VC too, but it doesn't come with one. This is very clear to all pre-purchase. I do not understand why folks who do not want to buy a product without a VC are so bent out of shape, and need to keep reminding everyone how bent they are. If a complex add-on that costs $XX is too expensive if FOR YOU it doesn't include a VC then.... don't... buy.... it.... and go spend some time in a thread about an add-on you actually care about! In summary:- what they say is included is included, and is fantastic, and worth the money.- what they say is not included, is not included.My advice: if the described features suit your taste, buy it for those features and enjoy (like me!). If the promised VC comes along later (or sooner)... super. Bonus. Yippee. I paid almost this much for cab fare, a beer and a stale sandwich on my last real flight, all for the privilege of being uncomfortable for 5 hours after a 3 hour delay. I'll have enjoyed my money's worth in 2D long before the VC does (or doesn't) materialize.

Yes, this is indeed a very nice addon. If all developers were as accurate with their pre-sales description as this, it would be far easier to make correctly informed choices when looking for new aircraft.It does EXACTLY as it says on the can - nothing more, nothing less!A good product and refreshingly good support.

Hi,Great plane and a joy to fly.There are some minor issues with it, but the developers are very responsive and release intermediate patches when neccesary.Also there seems to be a possible solution (not released yet) for pilots experiencing heavy frate loss (although this solution may not work for all)

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Is there an American Airlines livery out for it? This may influence my purchase decision