Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanSmith

Timezones

Guest ianrivaldosmith

Hi all, in teh UK now we are GMT +1 hourIn fs9, this is not representedIs there a way to add this?ThanksIan Smith

Yes, rebuild the timezones.bgl file with the new start and stop dates for Daylight Savings time.I know a couple people have tried in FSX which is a little clearer in the SDK than FS2004, but there are still some issues.I was really, really hoping Dennis Thompson would update his TZ04 for the new DST, but I can live without it.I can fake it pretty good with his TZ program by running the updater as April 10 - so that the DST timezone .BGL files are active.

Guest ianrivaldosmith

how Would one go about doing this?> i have downloaded dave thompsons world timezones v3.0, and added it to my scenery library, but when slecting a flight within the UK, the UK time is still the same as GMT, which obviously it should be +1?Ian

Do you run the Update for DST and STD time when the changes occur?Dennis includes a batch file to rename several of the files which have the correct DST offsets.Personally I use the version which comes with FS RealTime because Joshua included a small utility program to change the timezone file names.

Guest ianrivaldosmith

yeah but im a bit confused as to what im supposed to be doing, i added all teh bgl files to a folder called timzzone in my addon scenery section, then i added it via the library in fs9. then i ran a batch file called dst. but it doesnt seem to work for the uk?Ian

Guest ianrivaldosmith

anyone care to heklp me? thanks!Ian

I've looked over the files and cannot see which does or should adjust for DST in the UK.Perhaps the UK was good enough in the default and Dennis did not do any updates.When you move the clock to mid-April - save your default flight as that day - does the DST offset from GMT show up?

Guest ianrivaldosmith

ive tried that, i changed time to june, but the time still does not offset.....im pretty dissapointed by it all really, as the sun sets at wrong time etc....!IAn

Did you see this same issue last year?EDIT====================Okay, I now have the London DST offset working.I opened FS2004 and moved to EGLC.I changed the sim date to April 27, 2007 - it showed the local time and GMT as identical.I saved that flight as the default flight.I exited the flight and closed FS.I restarted FS, the old default flight showed up.I went Select A Flight section and chose the EGLC flight, selecting the Make this the default flight check box - and clicked Fly Now!The time was now +1 local time over GMT, but the date was still Apr 27.I exited the flight and closed FS.I restarted FS and the EGLC flight is the default flight with today's date. It shows EGLC as +1 local time over GMT.