Sign in to follow this  
jnr641802

guages distorted

I have acquired a minor guage problem with all aircraft.I've noticed that in full screen mode, the 2D cockpit guages have become oval shaped i.e taller than they are wide.3D is fine.They go back to normal shape when I switch back to windowed mode.I can of course reshape the panel every time I fly but it's a bit of a pain.I have recently downloaded a couple of 2D panel only aircraft.Could there be a connection possibly?There is probably a glaringly obvious fix that I've missed so any help would be much appreciated.regards Jim

Hi Jim ,the monitor is 4:3, optimum 1280x1024,fs9 run at 1280x1024.I never normally use 2D and only noticed it as the recent aircraft downloads are 2D only.I assume the panel/guage narrowing is not normal?regards Jim

I have the same problem with my 19 inch LCD monitor.The problem is that the native resolution of the monitor 1280x1024 is different to the resolution of the 2D panel BMPs - which are 1024x768.rDo the maths and you will see that your monitor has a width to height ratio of 1.25 - whereas the Sim uses 1.33Barry

Hi Barry,you know I never noticed this before as I never used 2D, I'm addicted to Trackir.I shall carry on reshaping the panel each time...regards Jim

Guest RonB49

>Hi Barry,you know I never noticed this before as I never used>2D, I'm addicted to Trackir.>>I shall carry on reshaping the panel each time...>>>regards JimOr you could reshape it once, then save the flight. That flight will "remember" your panels's size and shape. R-

>Try 1280X960 :-)No good - not the native resolution of my monitor. Anyway, who uses 2D panels these days, not me if I can help it!:-) Barry

Guest richpress

I have had this problem from time to time. I have corrected it by restarting the sim, loading the default cessna then loading the aircraft of choice.Richard