Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Strange sounds from fsmeteo????

I have used fsmeteo for several years, current version 7. Recently for some reason, every time it is enabled, I get a background sound which cycles every second or two. It sounds like possibly wind which increases, then decreases and begins every couple of seconds or so. Even with all the sound options in FS9 unchecked (or turning FS9 sound off with the "Q" key), I still hear this sound cycle as long as FS9 is running. It continues even if I close fsmeteo, however will immediately cease if FS9 is closed. I realize this is a dandy excuse to upgrade to ActiveSky 6.5, and if I did, I would have preferred to purchase it with the Flight1 wrapper. However, in checking the Flight1 site, all I see is version 6 listed and it says nothing about FSX compatibility, so I am assuming that it is not the latest version (hope I am reading this wrong). I do see version 6.5 listed on the sim-market site with a lot of fSX hype and wonder if Flight1 has been snuffed for this purchase and sim-market is the only choice.If anyone has experienced a similar scenario and knows a solution, I would appreciate the information.Happy flying:RTHEdit: Well, it might do the same thing with ActiveSky. I just tried the default FS9 provisions and got the same sound. It looks like FSMeteo may not be the culprit. Hummmmmm???

Thanks to Jim on another forum, the mystery is solved.The sound is coming from sound being checked in Active Camera.Happy Flying:RTH