Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

AI Speeds in Traffic Mover...

In the 'aircraft.txt' file for AI Traffic Mover, I'm posting the aircraft speeds at about 490 for the larger heavies and about 450 for smaller jets (737, etc) and 480 for the mediums (757, 767, etc) Does this sound about right? I'm not sure if AI's are subject to wind conditions or not, they seem to fly in a world of their own. Just curious if my speeds are realistic. Thanks

I always use the cruise speeds listed in the reference section of the aircraft's CFG. Hope I've been doing it right.......;-)Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.10's6x AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

Hi,The speeds listed in AITM are only for calculating the arrival times of the flight plans - they don't control the actual speed of the aircraft (the Reference Speeds in the aircraft.cfg do that). I set them by looking at timetables and matching the flight times with the times shown in AITM.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

...they don't control the actual speed of the aircraft (the Reference Speeds in the aircraft.cfg do that)...I have some AI traffic in FS9 for the sailship Endeavour by Mike Hill. The speed is like a motorboat, which is quite unrealistic. To slow it down I have changed the settings as follows but there seems absolutely no effect of slowing down:[Reference Speeds]flaps_up_stall_speed=54.000000full_flaps_stall_speed=43.200000cruise_speed=1max_indicated_speed=8Is there any minimum speed for AI coded in FS9, which does not allow to reduce the speed further ?Thanks, Peter

Hi,Not sure. There is a minimum throttle setting (in the General Engine section of the aircraft.cfg file) and a HP or thrust rating (in the engine section). If you lower the HP/thrust setting until the boat can not go any faster than it should that might fix it.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

>>[Reference Speeds]>flaps_up_stall_speed=54.000000>full_flaps_stall_speed=43.200000>cruise_speed=1>max_indicated_speed=8>>Is there any minimum speed for AI coded in FS9, which does not>allow to reduce the speed further ?>Thanks, PeterI haven't done any ships, so I've never had to try and slow them down like that. But your stall speeds are higher than your cruise and max speeds, which makes no sense to the AI. Stall speeds are the aircraft's minimum speeds and they will fly no slower than those. Try changing the stall speeds to 0 or something.

What you are seeking is a way to slow down the taxi speed of an individual "aircraft" such as the Sail Ship Endeavour.Such ships do not "fly" (or they are not supposed to) - they are on extended taxi routes only and are forced to time out when they reach an invisible runway.I think most are aware of the ability to tweak the playr.dll to increase taxi speeds - but that affects all aircraft.I too shall be interested in learning of there is a tweak elsewhere that will allow an individual aircraft to have a reduced taxi speed.Anyone got some ideas?

I'm not sure if AI's are subject to wind conditions or not, they seem to fly in a world of their own.AI only fly when they are scheduled to be within 100 miles or so of your aircraft. For the rest of their "flight" they are just entires in a database about locations and times.So for most of their trip they are not impacted by wind/ weather. But during the time the aircraft is created in the sim within 100 miles of your aircraft, the weather does impact their flight behavior.But for scheduling purposes - ignore wind/ weather.

Thanks guys, I tried both, Kevin's and Tom's suggestions but there is no change in speed. The aircraft.cfg I used is the one already modified by Holger Sandmann - being he a pioneer of AI ship traffic I guess that there is probably a minimum speed coded in FS9 which cannot be changed.Peter

I was still thinking of this issue, and ....of course, Opa ist right: the ship AI traffic is driven by the taxispeed and not by the cruise speed - that's why changing the reference speed ecc. in the aircraft.cfg does not work. So only the modification of the taxispeed would slow down the ships but unfortunately also the taxiing of all aircraft......Thanks, Opa, for clearing this issue to me, and a Happy New Year to all !Peter