Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

FlightDeck Companion (FDC) Installation Problems:

I cannot install from my CD and have posted on the FlightDeck forum along with sending an email or two. However, if I understand what I am reading correctly version 1 of FDC is no longer supported, so I thought I would give this one final shot on this forum in the event that anyone has been down this road and found a solution. I am a little apprehensive at purchasing the latest release in the fear that it might do the same thing.My post to FDC was as follows:I recently upgraded my computer with new hardware for improved results with FSX, including new harddrives. I have everything reinstalled with the exception of FlightDeck Companion with which I am having the following problem:A minute or two after entering the installation stage where the window tells me that FDC is checking my system, I get the old Microsoft window that tells me it is sorry but an error in the installation has been detected and it must shut down the installation. Do I want to send a report to Microsoft, or Don't send.If I immediately try again, the same thing happens, but much faster immediately upon entering the system check stage.I have tried with all other programs shut down (msconfig). I have even tried after restarting my computer in safe mode and it does the same thing. I also tried by removing FSUIPC from FS9 in the event that FDC did not like the newest release. Same results.My CD is an early version which I have successfully reinstalled in the past several times. Earlier I also installed revisions 1.3 and 1.4 successfully as well (I see there is a revision 1.6 now as well on your site).It does install an FDC folder in my program files which only includes a wav folder and a number of flight plans.I have also tried removing this folder along with all references to FDC with RegSeeker and starting over. Same results.Any help in resolving this problem sure would be appreciated.Respectfully:RTHEdit:I am trying to install this for FS9, although I have both FS9 and FSX installed on my system.System specs are as follow:ASUS P5N-E-SLI MotherboardIntel E6600 Core2 Duo CPUZalman CNPS7700-CU RT CPU Fam4 GB KST DII800 MemoryWinXP ProNVIDIA VCG8800GTX 768MB Video Graphics CardSecondary Graphics Diamond Stealth III S540 PCI 21

Hello Ed:When I click on: "To see what data this error report contains, click here", it tells me: "Error signature, AppName setupfdc.exe AppVer 1.0.0.0 ModName: glc2b4.tmp modVer" 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00011200".When I click on: To view technical information about the error report, click here, I get: Modules 1 through 35 inclusive with a heading which states: "Exception Information Code: 0xc0000005 Flags: 0x00000000 Record: 0x000000000000000000 Address: 0x0000000010011200.The content of: "The following files will be included in this error report" includes the following:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what did you do about it, find a solution or give up?Also, with the latest release, has anyone had any such similar problem?Thanks:RTH

I left some more ideas on the other site you posted at.