Sign in to follow this  
ghostrider 112

The Airbus I Am Waiting For...

I think you're being harsh there IMO. If two companies are developing competing products there's no way you'd expect one to sit back, stay silent, and let the other gain all the sales without even mentioning what you had in the pipeline.Sometimes it seems there's just a little too much negativity flying around these discussion boards, again, IMO.

It was "mentioned" with a Q1 release date (now recanted) and represented as "now in beta" (now reverted to pre-beta). Mentioning is one thing...exaggerated advertising to suggest near-completion of a work far from that point is something else."Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it."As I said, if the history of Dreamfleet and RealityXP tells me anything, I'll be downright shocked to see this thing out within six months of that originally misadvertised 2007 Q1 release. In fact a year later wouldn't surprise me a bit. There'll probably be another flurry of excuses and "extenuating circumstances." Again, if history suggests anything to me, it'll be a solid product when it does hit the streets, but the claims of near readiness and the ultimate timing of the delivery is the issue here, not the developers' ability to make a quality product.I think those who elect to wait for the ScarelinerXP project are gonna be waiting quite a while yet.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Oh my GOD! Dreamfleet is behind this A320!?!?!?!?!I didn't know..... I'm gonna die now.And it's for FS9!!!! Whoohhoooo! My FSX is on hold until SP1.Every time I see a new product my gut contracts in terror expecting it to be for FSX only.I thought Airliner XP was some other company, which means wait-and-see.What a pleasant surprise.

You make it sound as if this is more important than it is imho, like release times are all wrapped up in people's hopes and dreams or whatever. :-lolPersonally my cynical take is this - promising product, hooray but guess what, my money is still in my pocket so big freakin deal if you break your schedule. In the end the longer any dev takes is the worse for THEM, not me. Why the heckity heck people get so bothered about dates is beyond me - stuff happens, it's called life.AFTER I spend my money - if a developer is duplicitous, and cannot be trusted to release and support a quality product, their reputation goes into the toilet fast. I do not know that to be the case with any of the 3 devs collaborating on this product.So I wait, and guess what - I take Q2 with a fat rock of salt - if it's on time, great, if not - shocker :-eek heavens to betsy the sky is fallingedit - sorry - did not know I could not say that hot place where snowballs don't stand a chance :-lolregards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark

Guest vrandar

>Oh my GOD! Dreamfleet is behind this A320!?!?!?!?!>>I didn't know..... I'm gonna die now.>>And it's for FS9!!!! Whoohhoooo! My FSX is on hold until>SP1.>Every time I see a new product my gut contracts in terror>expecting it to be for FSX only.>You really should get out more. :)Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest vrandar

>Oh my GOD! Dreamfleet is behind this A320!?!?!?!?!>>I didn't know..... I'm gonna die now.>>And it's for FS9!!!! Whoohhoooo! My FSX is on hold until>SP1.>Every time I see a new product my gut contracts in terror>expecting it to be for FSX only.>You really should get out more. :)Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest JeanLuc_

Thank you for your kind words Mark!Actually we first announced it is in development (not in beta) with a ***target*** release date of Q1, or no later than Q2. This is the target release date. As we all know, things can happen to delay the release of the product. Let me try to explain typical cases that can delay the release:1) we are small development team, and as human beeings, things can happen on a personal level that affect the schedule bad time. For example, last november I've had apendicitis. You cannot plan ahead much about it and I was almost incapable to work for 6 weeks because of this (well, a sound 3 weeks off and 3 weeks half and half).2) we can late-decide to delay to add something that is of very great value for our customers. A real oportunistic situation may occur. For example, we didn't plan for FS2Crew support BEFORE the release. Now, we are in good contacts with Bryan and as a matter of fact, thanks to our organic simulation and thanks to have designed the simulation outside the FS SDK, we can provide him a standard interface (API) to the entire Airbus systems. However, this will now add more development and support time before the release in order for you, our customers, to have a sound FS2Crew version for the AXP320 sooner3) we can be offered additional material to complement the simulation at a late stage, such as specific systems or entertainement related materials, that we may decide to include in v1.0 and not in v1.14) many other reasons I don't even plan ahead.So we do have target release dates, and we follow our own internal road map to completion. However, and this is the bright side of the coin of beeing a small team, we can also slip the target date whenever we feel it is for adding value to the product for the sake of your enjoyment.As for semantics expressed above, english is close to french in this regard to make me thing that in fact, language wise, we are all already waiting for it, not we ***will*** wait for it!As for the rest, there is a french tv show that is called "you can't please everyone"... let us just try to please the most.Hope this helps!

Bob, I normally think you're right on the mark with most posts you make but I think this is a little harsh.Comparing the AXP release to that of the F1/Dreamfleet ATR proves little by way of comparison. Few people (if any) outside the dev team knew just how far along the ATR was when that xmas release was 'promised' to people. For all we know, the release estimates given by AXP are based on a product that is far further along in terms of development. To imply that AXP haven't learned a lesson because of an announcement made a few years ago for a different product at an unknown stage of development by a team comprised of different members (in part) is hardly fair!You might be right about the guerrilla info warfare but hey, it's a competitive market, that's how these things play out.Personally, I'm in no hurry. It's a nice day outside! If this thing hits the ground around mid-to-late June I'd be more than pleased, as by then the weather down here will be less conducive to getting out and about!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Jean-Luc wrote:>Actually we first announced it is in development (not in beta)I have an archived screenshot that clearly says "now in beta" Maybe you should talk to Lou about that one.>with a ***target*** release date of Q1, or no later than Q2.>This is the target release date. As we all know, things can>happen to delay the release of the product. Understood by most. Of course it was not this clearly articulated when you boys threw out a flurry of vaporware publicity alluding to an imminent release right over the top of Feelthere's release of an actual product. Therein lies the rub.Anyway, good luck with your project. It'll give us something to look forward to in 2008.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

>>>You really should get out more. :)>I was out, I just happened to come back in and discover this news.The FSX fiasco had damped my FS, and I've just started getting it back.Think I'll go and fly now. :)

Geez Bob, your usually a pretty sane reasonable poster but the troll like ending of "It'll give us something to look forward to in 2008" is uncalled for. You apparently have some sort of axe to grind with the AXP team and I suspect it is to do with the adverts around the time feelthere's release was made. I dont know if you did work for feelthere and now feel bitter but get over it. I for one think the three guys on AXP are pretty good guys...how about cutting them a break?

Eric 

Mark,I agree. I am enjoying the Florida spring to get my flower beds switched over from mulch to 3/4" river rock. Another couple months and that work is just to brutal in the summer heat down here.

Eric 

>Geez Bob, your usually a pretty sane reasonable poster but>the troll like ending of "It'll give us something to look>forward to in 2008" is uncalled for. Naw, it's sarcasm, and entirely appropriate given the history. We can leave it to the AXP boys to prove me wrong...but I seriously believe the release will be closer to Q1 2008 than to Q1 2007.>You apparently have some>sort of axe to grind with the AXP team I take issue with the misrepresentation of their work-in-progress as an almost-ready product...timed, apparently, to attempt overshadowing another developer's release.>I dont know if you did work for feelthere and now feel>bitter but get over it. Have never had anything to do with FeelThere...in fact I have have a few recent complaints with them too, such as their failure to take responsibility for the unhappy customer impacts resulting from the relationship they willingly entered into with Wilco, the utter buffoonery surrounding the premature release of the A320, the completely insufficient product delivery server infrastructure, and poor to no support for essential features of a widely-fielded utility like FSUIPC etc. >I for one think the three guys on AXP>are pretty good guys...how about cutting them a break?They may be. I'm critiquing the behavior, not the guys.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile